Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Towbar

Guntes

which fixed towbar is recommendet ( bosal-brink-monoflex etc.) ? How diffucult (DIY)?

I believe Brinks is the one fitted as Toyota optional extra. I fitted a Brinks removable ball one.

Fitting the towbar itself is pretty straightforward, with the Brinks (and probably all others) one you have to cut slots in the plastic undertray, this is easy and can be done with a Stanley Knife. You have to move the rear silencer to one side to get access to tighten one of the securing bolts. I did not have to remove or modify the rear bumper. The plastic undertray is held on by push in plastic fastners and a central (ish) plastic nut.

The electrics take more time to fit than the towbar, a fair bit of trim has to come out, the trim pretty much comes off just by pulling at it. I took a power feed from the panel behind the glovebox (as recommended in the fitting instructions) feeding the wire through the near side door sill. I think the genuine Toyota fitting kit takes power from the Battery which means running a wire through the bulkhead. The rear lights had to come out to connect them up. I used a car specific wiring kit and bypass relay, mounted the relay with velcro on the nearside wheelarch behind the carpet.

Hope that helps ....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links