Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clang noise when pulling away very slowly

StewartW

Hi folks,

I took delivery of a new Corolla T Sport Thursday this week and everything is great apart from a very reproduceable clanging noise heard when pulling away VERY slowly (so far only heard when car has been sitting for a while).

I drove the car this morning to get the newspapers and yes it did it, and 10 mins. later when pulling very slowly away from the shops it did it again.

Girlfriend has heard it and has reproduced while she was driving (so not going even more mad).

Got it booked in to be examined on Thursday. Any guru's out there with the foggiest idea of what this could be?

Is it safe to even drive the car (not doing damage)?

Thanx in advance.

cheers

Stewart

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There! my name's Chris, I'm from greece. my T-sport has been producing this sound everytime I start rolling, that is to say if we're talking about the same thing. it also does so in reverse, about 10-15 meters after the car has started to move. i was told by the Toyota guys that it's the TRC turning on. I thing it shouldnt be a problem.. It also says so in the users manual..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links