Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr180 Sale

ChrisColling

Hi guys and gal's.

Signed up on here sometime ago, and due to the fact I have had no issues with my Auris have'nt had much need to post things. Its now however time for a change so am looking for some advice as to how much to put it up for sale for? Its an 2008 Auris SR180, full toyota service history, 38k on clock, new brakes and tyres a couple of months ago, has sat nav, leather interior and protection packs. Was thinking about £10250 but dont know if this is too much, although there are others around this price on autotrader. Pictures can be found here http://cid-f34df170f271e811.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Toyota%20Auris

thanks

Chris.

Problem is the ones on Auto trader come with warranty as they are dealers selling them, we struggled to get £7500 trade in for our T180 with satnav and other extras with 40k on the clock 4 months ago so I suspect private £8500-£9000 will be the max you get with around £8k part x. I will say all the dealers did say that the reason the trade in values were so poor when the car cost just under £20k new and was just over 3 years old and mint was the fact is they are not really sought after due to being thirsty, this made me laugh as when we bought the car the dealer told us being a diesel it is good on fuel.

Hi guys and gal's.

Signed up on here sometime ago, and due to the fact I have had no issues with my Auris have'nt had much need to post things. Its now however time for a change so am looking for some advice as to how much to put it up for sale for? Its an 2008 Auris SR180, full toyota service history, 38k on clock, new brakes and tyres a couple of months ago, has sat nav, leather interior and protection packs. Was thinking about £10250 but dont know if this is too much, although there are others around this price on autotrader. Pictures can be found here http://cid-f34df170f.../Toyota%20Auris

thanks

Chris.

Now that is a nice looking motor. But I think you'll struggle getting that kinda money for it tbh. But why not place it on eBay with a reserve that you could live witha nd see how you get on. Its all about putting a really good write up and listing everything you can think off that a buyer would want to see. I did this with a Polo SDi and I got far more for it than I expected to. So the buyer got a great car and got some cash to buy the kids some pc's :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies guy's. Been out looking at new motors today as I dont have a clue what I'm after but the px prices varied alot (all new cars)

civic type r £21k brochure price down to 18k and 10k px = very tempting but 28mpg and high insurance - ouch.

fabia vrs 16k, VAT off offer at 14k but only 6.5k px.

citroen c4 exclusive 18k and 7.5k px

peugeot rcz 23k, 8k px

also looked at cupra r, bmw 1 coupe, mini countrmay cooper s, out of the lot I rather liked the citroen c4 as it was a lot more comfortable than Auris (which is the biggest downside for me about the whole car), long journeys I end up walking like a fractured crab, only reason getting rid of it. Especially after (as Rick) pointed out paid 21k for it and its worth, px, between 6 - 10k?

we bought our T180 as an x demo from a dealer at 11k at the very worst of the credit crunch, we got a 15month old car that was just over 19k new at 11k so we did not loose to much, as for a new car I come to Toyota from a CTR and left Toyota for a CRZ. The CTR is a fantastic all round car but the ride can be a little harsh but IMO no worse that the T180 but as for performance once in the vtec sweet spot 5500rpm up you can keep it there upto the red line in 6th gear and it is a very quick car, but below 5500rpm its quick but nothing special. Would I have another? yes without a doubt but with getting a little older I dont like the MPG or road tax cost that I see going up a lot hence the CRZ that returns great MPG and to be honest handles not far behind the R. To be honest we are waiting for a CRZ R which hopefully will have great MPG and R performance, My advice try to get test drives where you have the car for a few hours even if you promise to do no more than 50 miles (remember they still have to sell the car if you dont like it). This way you are happy with what you are buying and wont get mislead like we did with the T180 (MPG figures) and end up with a car you are not that happy with, with the T180 we was quite happy apart from higher than expected running costs and TBH in the end with the MPG we was getting I did wonder what we had gained in getting rid of a CTR for a diesel car that was no better on MPG but lagged miles behind in performance and handling.

I will also add that no doubt now that I have been honest and nothing more the Toyota lovers who don't like an honest opinion on what we experienced with Toyota ownership will continue to click the negative rating for my post that has given me a bad reputation, I have only been truthful on our T180 experience and offered advice on what is our opinion. I don't hate Toyota and to be fair we found their dealer network the best I have ever dealt with but was let down by a car that did not live up to what Toyota or their salesman said it can do, I don't build or design the cars or quote the figures so who's fault is it we was disappointed when only returning 32MPG on a 200mile motorway drive at 70MPH? not mine for sure but if you are so immature that you don't like the truth or facts then click away and maybe it will float your boat for the night or even give you a damp patch.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Consider a swap for a compressor with full service history and 25000 on the clock? A heads up....it will return 19mpg, and can only take v-power! I really fancy an sr180.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody fancy an auris sr,09 plate 3 door,silver,17k on clock,excellent condition,still under warranty,offers around £8495. Pics on request.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links