Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Sr Engine Change

LukeONeill21

I own a corolla SR 1.6 and the miles are getting high. I dont really want to sell the car as i like that model and was wondering about what woud be a good engine to put into it.I was thinking of a glanza engine but i dont know if i wound have to put in new mounts for that? I would like something a bit quicker than your standard 1.6 engine.any suggestions??

3s-gte engine

3UZ-FE ?? :P

Either a standard 3s-ge or a 3s-gte would be more realistic though.

Even a 1zz-fe mAY be good

What would the wiring be like in the 3s-gte? I waslooking at a celica t-sport engine b but would need the drive shaft and gearbox aswel :/

Hi Luke,

I know it might be a silly statment but why not sell the car and get another with a bit more pace to it if that's what you want eg. a Supra, Honda Integra etc.?

Cheers :thumbsup:

I had thought about selling and buying something a bit faster but i love the car and i know if i sold it i would regret it so i want to keep it as a project.

I had thought about selling and buying something a bit faster but i love the car and i know if i sold it i would regret it so i want to keep it as a project.

That's how I feel with my SR, but I'm not willing to spend £2k - £5k on an engine swap to keep it.. My worries is if I sell mine the next owner will change the wheels and bumpers etc lol..

If an engine swap was going to cost upto £5k I would look at what car I could get for that sort of money and flog mine to put towards it ;->

Keep what you have, seriously rare car, and getting rarer. Not the fastest or quickest granted (I know, owning one) but they are fun and nippy.

Celica turbo motor goes in, but costs could rise to a point where you feel it wasn't worth it as you could have bought something else.

True, but why be a sheep and buy what others have and have done millions of times before? When you can be unique and drive a rarer car, that is yours and can surprise plenty of others on the road and track.

Not sure what use and miles you get from the car, but perhaps lighten it? Use the power it has in a lighter car?

Extra power in mine is curtailed due to my finances, and I don't want to strip it as I like the refinement and AC for instance, as well as liking to stay original(ish).

Up to you obviously, but would be such a shame to see you get rid.

Could not have said it better myself.getting to be a very rare and the nicest shape corolla in my point of view!I would far rather spend my money on this SR than sell it and buy something like a glanza like everyoine else.granted they are a nice car too.

if the SR 1.6 engine is a 4afe, (guessing) try a 4AGE 20v maybe, alot more revs and power, without huge engine bay mods?

Its cool water blue.il upload some pictures soon im new to this whole thing :P

Look forward to seeing the pics of it, very rare car!

if the SR 1.6 engine is a 4afe, (guessing) try a 4AGE 20v maybe, alot more revs and power, without huge engine bay mods?

Or even better, a 4agze (1600cc 16V compressor).

Very very powerful (175bhp) with loooooots of torque and if you change the compressor and install a turbo (too many people have done that), then the BHP and torque can reach high sky figures.

Also the engine can be installed very easily to replace yours without any serious engine mods.

Very good engine, with great stamina as regards the internal parts i.e. connecting rods, pistons etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links