Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

30,000 Mile Service

Crasstoe

Hi All,

I have booked my car in for its first service under my ownership, it is 3.5 years old and booked in for its 30,000 miles service. Can I ask, should I remove the Tuning Box and HIDs which are fitted before handing the car to MrT, or will they work round them?

Also, what price can I expect from the service? I'm guessing there is a standard fee for this?

Leave them on mate. Your car is already outside of warranty, so they won't be interested in your Modifications.

Mine cost £166 back in January. The annoying thing for me, is the car is only on 25,000 miles.

nope they dont care whats fitted to your car....

all thats changed on a 30k is an oil and filter and check everything else.

Do they not even change the fuel/air filters? Seems pretty slack for a Major Service!

Air filter is good for 40k!

I agree, i would have thought the air filter would be done at every service, and the fuel filter done every 20k, but not with Toyota.

40k service is classed as a major, not 30k.

Seems pretty slack for a Major Service!

Your major services are at 20k, 40k, 60k etc.(or 2yr, 4 yr etc) with more being done on the 40k than the 20 k etc etc. re prices just ring your friendly T dealer, they are all fixed (in a good sense)

Turns out its the 4 year service at 30k (previous owner did no mileage) so it is the major one. Quoted £310 for the service, and I'll be getting 2 tyres outside that quote.

Is £310 a fair price for the 4yr/40k service?

Honda main dealer quoted me £340 for a 4th year, major service (all filters, spark plugs etc.) on a Jazz (petrol) excluding brake fluid change, so sounds comparitively reasonable. I told them to "do one". A local reputable independent was £280 for the same, including brake fluid change. All done to manuf. spec for service and parts. That's what the invoice states anyway :rolleyes: but I've no reason to disbelieve it.

"Fair" - no!

Maybe fair was the wrong word, but at least it seems to be in line with normal servicing costs. Anybody used Uniroyal Tyres on their Auris? I need 2 on the front and Toyota reccommend them...

Maybe "do one" was a bad choice of words on my part too :yes: . In the context as written it didn't mean do a service but "no thanks". :)

But yes, fair compared to the price I was quoted.

Are there any other main dealers within a reasonable distance to obtain another quote to compare? Or maybe ask one not so local to check the price you've been given? It sounds about right though.

When I owned a Vauxhall it was possible to play one dealer against the other. My nearest was the most expensive but would always price match the cheapest which meant a bit of travelling time and cost saving. Even they were a 30 miles round trip.

Just called Toyota MK and they quoted the same price - at least they aren't charging me extra for living out in the sticks.

Being given a Verso S as a courtesy car - beats the Aygo I had last time. Would have liked the Urban Cruiser or Auris Hybrid really but guess you can't have everything lol

Just had mine through a 40k service yesterday, was £219 at toyota in newcastle. Also I am currently running Uniroyal Rainsport 2, put them on in the bad weather at beginnng of the year they seem okay, they are comparible to the Vredstein Ultracs I had on previously in the dry, and are better in the wet (both of which I found better than the standard tyres)

I never buy tyres from a dealer, they are usually a bit dearer and the stock is limited.

Try an online tyre dealer like www.tyreshopper.co.uk

I had a cracking deal off them in March which included free fitting, tyre insurance and i got 11% cashback through quidco.

I'm getting 2 Uniroyal Rain Expert 2's fitted for £100... not sure I can get the same quality tyre fitted cheaper elsewhere... although I am intrieged why the SR180 4th service was only £219 is Newcastle... maybe an easier engine to service?

If i can get mine done for £219 I`ll be more than happy. If not, i may drive to Newcastle to get it done.

The build up for the service was;

Carry out 40k service 1.15 hours @ £65.00 per hour = £74.75

Engine oil 3.70 litres at 7.50 = 27.75

oil filter kit 1nr at 8.00 = 8.00

screenwash 1nr = 1.00

air filter 1nr = 20.18

fuel filter 1nr = 30.54

gskt drain plug 1nr = 1.00

brake cleaner 1nr = 5.00

remote fob Battery 1nr = 5.00

air con temp check 1nr = Nil.

sub total = 173.22

plus vat = 34.64

total = 207.86

other than that there was £5 for a rear wiper change, £15 for exaust heatshield retightened

When we had the 40k / 3year service on the T180 if I remember correctly that was around £200 all in and that was with Ron Brooks Toyota Mansfield, I may not be 100% correct with the price as it was nearly a year ago but I am sure I am correct to within £15max.

I will say you do need to shop about as I found today that I called a couple of Honda dealers for a price on our 1st service for the CRZ and I cannot believe the difference in prices between dealers.

1. Lookers Honda in Nottingham £214 + £15 courtesy car insurance

2. Mansfield Honda £150 + £7.95 courtesy car insurance

Well as you can imagine we will be using the local dealer with them being closer and £58 less for the same service and just goes to show you should call a few dealers before just booking your car in.

the above sounds fishy to me....service intervals

10k or 1 year

20k or 2 years

30k or 3 years

40k or 4 years

Mine had its' 3 year service done at 18k, so my next service will be a 4 yr service, at 30k, and although i can't remember the exact figure, the lady on reception advised me that the price of the next figure started with a 3!

If that is the case when i reach 30k (in 5000 miles) then i will be looking for a cheaper VAT registered garage to do the work.

Mine had its' 3 year service done at 18k, so my next service will be a 4 yr service, at 30k, and although i can't remember the exact figure, the lady on reception advised me that the price of the next figure started with a 3!

If that is the case when i reach 30k (in 5000 miles) then i will be looking for a cheaper VAT registered garage to do the work.

Thats what I had done. Total cost with 2 new tyres and a rattle ficed was £450 inc. VAT.

Claim the VAT back through work, so not overly expensive considering the tyres were £140 inc VAT.

They even tidied up the cabling for the HIDs and Tuning Box - the engineer wanted a ride too and was surprised with the difference the box makes ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links