Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 2.0 Petrol Random Reving

Blue whale

Hi All. Not very worried about it, but every now and then my car will rev to about 2000 rpm for no reason. I thought I might have been catching the accelerator pedal with my foot while holding on the foot brake, but definitely not doing that.. The one thing I have noted is it only ever happens when I have the clutch depressed. I have wondered if it's meant to be some kind of anti-stall (as in giving you some revs when you let the clutch up) and is being tripped when I put the car in neutral and let the clutch up with no intention of pulling away??.. Doesn't do anything else odd, great care other than that! It's a 2009 2.0 petrol Saloon T4.

Any thoughts welcome

Thanks

Myles

I'd agree with cmia. Hubby had a Peugeot 306 a few years ago. Had done a lot of motorway mileage over a winter period. Noticed a couple of times that the rev's would go up when he hadn't got his foot on the accelerator. Took no notice of it;- then had a hair raising experience where the accelerator stuck open on a duel carriagway, (and it was an automatic!!) Managed to stop it ok and called out the AA. He said it was caused by the throttle cable being caked in road salt from the winter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links