Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Mods - What've You Got? What Should I Get?

Clip

Want something new.

What've you got? Do TTE lowering springs make a difference? Do i need new dampers?

Can the front Badge be removed and re-fitted with ease?

Thanks

@EccentricEllis

All depends on how much you want to spend... and what you want out of your Aygo.

I have spent a reasonable amount on mine. Some say its just a cheap city car and its not worth spending money on. I'm sure this is the case for most people and absolutely fair enough and I agree to an extend... the Aygo is no hot hatch, but it does have great potential handling wise at least. How does 0.95G sound to you....? comparable to a standard Toyota supra/ Honda NSX around corners? With the know how you can have great handling from your car that will out-handle most things on a twisty track... original mini cooper-esque handling and the difference between a hatchback and its premium hot hatchback version is the best way to describe it. All from a set of AVO coilovers and a 22mm rear anti-roll bar.

Unless you transplant a 1.6l engine, you are not going to get any huge power gains as yet, some new products are in the pipeline, but a full stainless steel exhaust and an induction kit will help the engine breathe easier. I use a K&N 57i induction kit and a Balance Motorsport exhaust.

If you are on a tight budget, lowering springs seem to make the ride harsher whilst not making much of a difference to the cornering ability. Coupled with uprated Bilstein dampers however, the cornering is noticeably improved.

Apologies for the long winded reply... hope it helps somewhat!

It really does.

I don't really want power, lets be honest, if we wanted raw power we wouldn't have these. :)

But yes handling would be ideal TTE springs and Bilstein dampers sound great. Would this effect the Warranty of the springs?

I was thinking about an exhaust, but i was thinking if anything, i need a full exhaust and mani to actually make a noticeable power gain, am i right?

Induction kit was also on the books, would you recommend getting just a panel filter or would a full kit be better? would a cold air feed really make such a difference on a car like ours?

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the warranty of the springs tbh. I wouldn't have thought so but ask your dealer!

Yes a full exhaust and manifold would give you noticeable gains but not enough to pay the extra for a manifold unless you need an updated one if say you were turbocharging the engine. The exhaust I have doesn't affect the torque like many 'big bore' systems do, and coupled with an induction kit definatly gives a noticeable power gain. On their own the exhaust and induction kit don't Perform as well.

well that's why i was thinking of doing it all. If i was going to do it.

Turboing is out of the question, it's not like it can be removed easily :)

Have you noticed a heat difference with your tints?

Also, what're the rules on removing the numberplate an re-locating it to the inside of the car?

Not particularly noticed a heat difference with the tints... but then I don't sit in the back all too often!

I think as its a black car anyway its not going to make a huge difference.

As for number plates, I don't know if it is legal to have them on the inside but I am not sure.

Numberplate inside probably falls foul of construction and use regs as they need to be able to be read at an angle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links