Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thumping Suspension

nduli

hi all

a newbie to the forums, seems like a great forum with good solid advice - looking forward to cleaning out my EGR valve in the coming months ;-)....

Hoping to get some input / experiences to see whether i have an issue with my better halves auris 2.0D t spirit, its 3 yrs old and bought 2nd hand from a toyota main dealer - better half loves it in comparison to her previous zafira but i have a real issue with the suspension which seems to be really poorly damped at the front as it bangs and crashes over our poorly maintained roads here in lancs, i haven't yet taken it into the garage to get them to look at it under the warranty but wanted to know if there are any known issues or recommendations on where to to look prior to taking it in and being fobbed off. i suspect suspension bushes but don't know where to look and what to look for - any advice appreciated its really spoiling my appreciation of what so far appears to be a cracking little car...

Very hard to say without actually experiencing it first hand as its so subjective...

I think the only way you will know for sure is to test drive another for comparison.

Very hard to say without actually experiencing it first hand as its so subjective...

I think the only way you will know for sure is to test drive another for comparison.

ok thanks - don't know any other auris drivers unfortunately. will get it in the garage and see if they note anything. i have a saab 9-3 (not known for its ride comfort but in comparison its fantastic)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked the Anti/Roll Bar drop links, they can cause a rattle clunk noise if worn. they have to be checked with the weight on the suspension and you would then be able feel wear in the end joints

Suppose you are using the correct tyre pressures for your model.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links