Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiring Help

jjj_aygo

Right I have now finally got my bucket seats in for good but I am struggling to trick the airbag system into thinking the standard seats are still there!

I've got a 2.2Ω resistor but I don't know which wires to be connecting it between.

Drivers side:

IMG_1311.jpg

Passenger side:

IMG_1313.jpg

Hope someone can help!

The yellow wires. Disconnect the Battery and wait for about 2 minutes before soldering anything.

The white wire w/ black stripe is ground throughout the car, don't think you have to connect that.

I've tried by just wrapping the two around each end of the resistor but this hasn't worked? Does it have to be soldered to form the proper connection?

Perhaps I have the wrong resistor... its a Red-Red-Red-Gold banded resistor.

Wrong resistor. Red Red Red Gold is 2k2 @ 5%

You need Red Red GoldGold for 2R2 @ 5% or Brown Gray Gold Gold for 1R8 @ 5% (I see the latter being used the most.

I'd recommend using a 0,5 or 1W resistor as these are a bit thicker, so mechanically more sound.

And I'd definately solder them, as a change in resistance can case the ECU to indicate a fault...

Right I have been to my local electronics store and they don't do a 2 M ohm resistor, but they do do 1 M ohm 2W resistors and a 220k ohm resistor. I have soldered these between the yellow wires in series but still no luck :crybaby: The warning light still flashes!

NO, not 2 MEGA Ohms, just 2,2 Ohms, sorry to nog have been clear on that; I'm used to writing that als 2R2.

Didn't you use the color-codings I provided? Then you shoudl have gotten the right values...

And they shoud have these lower values at 0,5 or 1W. At 1 MEGA ohm or 220 Kilo ohm

the airbag-ECU still thinks there's an open circuit, so the light illuminates.

Rite, I have now soldered in a 2,2 Ohm resistor which was 0.6w and 1% which is the closest thing they had! but no luck!

Perhaps I have a fault with my ECU now?!

The resistor is the right value now.

But it might be that you need to reset the ECU to clear the fault it has detected.

You can have this done at the dealer, but disconecting the Battery for a night or so may work too.

When you've disconnected the Battery, turn on the ignition and press the brake pedal.

This should dissipate most of the charges that might be left in some capacitors and such.

No guarantees, but worth a try I'd say...

• 2 weeks later...

The resistor is the right value now.

But it might be that you need to reset the ECU to clear the fault it has detected.

You can have this done at the dealer, but disconecting the battery for a night or so may work too.

When you've disconnected the battery, turn on the ignition and press the brake pedal.

This should dissipate most of the charges that might be left in some capacitors and such.

No guarantees, but worth a try I'd say...

Thanks Jan, this didn't work unfortunately so I will take it to the dealer to reset!

Just make sure you have the correct value resistors in there before you do so!

As I said before you need either a

Red Red Gold Gold coding for 2,2 Ohm

or Brown Gray Gold Gold for 1,8 Ohm.

The last ring being Gold denotes the resistors' tolerance being 5%. If you get a resistor

with a Silver ring at the end the tolerance is 10%, which might be off too much...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links