Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Platinum Mmt Retrofit Paddle **** Anyone?

simon_aygo

Hi,

I've had my Aygo platinum MMT for 3 years now and by and large I'm pretty happy with it. I always drive it in the "tiptronic" mode as I find I fight with the car changing up much too early when in the full automatic mode.

Recently with the new Yaris being launched with a paddle shift option on the auto I've thought how much better the Aygo would be with paddle shift on the steering wheel too. I can't imagine it can be that hard to add paddle shift to an MMT aygo but can't find any info on the web on anyone who has done it to an aygo, 107 or C1.

Has anyone looked in to this mod or know anyone who's done it?

Yours hopefully,

Simon

Haven't heard of anyone doing so. And I'm not really familiar with the setup

they use for the switches in the existing shifter, but it should be possible.

If you choose to use paddles in a stationary position (so NOT rotating with the wheel)

it might not even be THAT hard to make it work. MAYBE even as simple as wiring in a

couple of switches in parrallel to the ones in the existing selector, but I doubt if that's

the case, as it might circumvent some protection and could mess up some stuff...

Jan,

Many thanks for your reply, yeah I kind of thought that the parallel switch thing might be possible but well beyond my expertise to start tinkering. Anyone else got any info?

Cheers,

Si

Jan,

Many thanks for your reply, yeah I kind of thought that the parallel switch thing might be possible but well beyond my expertise to start tinkering. Anyone else got any info?

Cheers,

Si

You would think it would be as simple as 2 parallel switches.

(It may be on the Aygo).

When I had a Smart Fortwo, It was 2 hall effect sensors at the bottom of the gearstick connected via a circuit board.

On some aftermarket systems, the steering wheel horn wire was used

with differing values of resistors in series with the paddles to send a

signal to a small circuit board which then decided if you'd pushed "up" , "down", or "horn".

Let's hope it's as you say, a couple of parallel switches!

Ian.

To really tinker wilt this you should obtain a geubiklector and see how the internals work.

As I said: there might be some sort of protective circuits in there too. Now you have to move the stick to the side to engage manual shift, you might

mess things up when you press a paddle with the stick in E or P for instance. So you'd need to set it up so the paddles only work with the stick in M...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links