Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Servicing

Steve

How often do you service your car? Do you go to the main dealer or do you fo elsewhere? If you go elswhere is it cheaper and how much cheaper is it?

I go elsewhere... it's loads cheaper!

Last full service was under £20!

(Altho i did do it myself! :lol:)

Dealer, 2 reasons.

1) they know what they are doing (i hope) - I don't.

2) I wouldn't trust my Priusto 'George down the road'

Having said that, when my Wife's old Suzuki Alto's were over 3 years old and out of warranty, 'George down the road' did the servicing on them and he was about 20 quid cheaper than the nearest Suzuki dealer. Whether he made a better job or not I have no idea as like most people, I wouldn't know what to look for!

I have serviced all my own cars for the past 50 years or so.

Yes you may have to invest in some decent tools and buy a few manuals but then you know it has been serviced properly and all for the cost of the materials. Any money spent on a few tools will recouped in the savings made in the first service.

Mechanics in garages are given fixed times to do servicing and repairs so not only are they under pressure but the temptation is always there to cut corners - only human nature I suppose.

Signed up with Inchcape Toyota for 6 services from 120,000-170,000 miles at current prices less discount spread over 21 months 0% interest. Also get parts discount for anything required. Already saved several £100's through this as high milage vehicle.

I go elsewhere... it's loads cheaper!

Last full service was under £20!

(Altho i did do it myself! :lol:)

Wow I can't even buy the oil for my cars that cheap, let alone a filter too!!

Oil for the M3 is about £70!

I service the hilux myself, as not having a dealer or stamped history will do very little to the resale value.

I get the M3 serviced by BMW, at the "official" intervals, - but carry out additional intrim oil/fluid changes myself. Although I was very lazy last time and got them to do a cooland and diff oil change :!Removed!:

The supra I used to change the oil ever 5k miles :)

I'm massively anal about my cars... and go overboard with maintenance and replacing parts that most garaged wouldn't.. I wish every car I'd bought had been owned by people like me!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links