Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Location Of Bank 2 Sensor 1 "error P0155"

786innovation

Hi,

My car is 2002 toyota avensis 1.8 vvti 5 door(51 plate). I know this is very late, but now I am having same problem but the code is different. which is " p0155 (bank2 sensor1)"

Can you please kindly tell me which one is that. I got understanding from previous forum discussions that it is on the right side (passenger side) if standing infront of car (facing engine). I have attached picture of my engine to this messgae. But where actually it is located? I have checked but it seems messy there so I couldn't locate it? or I need to lift car on jack and look underneath the car for it.

Can any body upload a picture of it, I mean picture of its actual location??? and will the cheap o2 sensor (universal ones) on eBay will work fine or not?

Millions of thanks in advance

post-110279-0-32060300-1311709784_thumb.

It's connected to a cable with blue tape idnentifier, it's shown behind your blue arrow in the yellow circle.

DSC00015.jpg

Really thanks for your reply. Just to clear.. is it on top of the engine? I mean if I remove the cover on of engine then will I be able to see it?

Is it deep down or ???/

Please excuse me coz I am a bit new to this car.. Look to your reply,

follow the cable down and it's sticking out from the manifold heat shield. Got ours from here.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/lambda-sensor

Your reply is greatly apprecieated.

will I be able to remove it straight away or I will need to remove other things (cables etc) to get access to it?

Thanks,

Regards

Disconnect the cable at tne connector at rear of the block. Thread the end of the cable through a 22 mm cranked ring spanner and away you go. It has to be a cranked spanner or a special o2 sensor socket.

I meant by removing cables was that ... do I need to unscrew or unplug other things as well.

will the universal sensor (quiet cheap on eBay for £20) will work. Thanks,

Regards.

Thanks very much.

I meant by removing cables was that ... do I need to unscrew or unplug other things as well.

will the universal sensor (quiet cheap on Ebay for £20) will work. Thanks,

Regards.

Thanks very much.

Hi mate I would go with the genuine DENSO sensor ( Toyota fit this brand) from the link given to you from Europarts at around £80 but it will work, the £20 one may work but you could waste your money.

Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links