Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealer woes!

Steve

What is your worst experience with a main dealer? Any stories to tell?

How about starting a thread about your BEST experience about your dealer Steve? As you well know most new members come on to get help about an issue they have with their car or their dealer, so finding stories about your worst experience are plentiful on here

Lets be positive and encourage some good stories :toast:

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Kingo - You should have complained about the lack of pies and beer provided to employees! :lol:

I think by and large Toyota dealers are still among the best; They just tend to be pricey for stuff outside normal servicing.

It does depend on the individual garage tho'; Some of them seem to be a lot worse than others!

I've been involved with 2 main dealers in my 25 years of Toyota ownership.

The first closed when the owner died some 7 years ago, since when I've been involved with

Lookers Toyota of Rayleigh (Sarf Essex don't ya know)

I have never had anything less than first class service from either dealership, which is basically

why I keep buying Toyotas...

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I got my first Toyota about 8 years ago at Donnelly and Taggart Toyota,(at Campsie,Co L'derry for those of you who don't know). It is the best dealership I have ever been to - so that's why I keep going back. :) All the staff are very helpful and friendly. I have only ever experienced the highest standard of customer service from Donnelly and Taggart. :thumbsup:

Worst dealerships- they would be for other brands I've had before

How about starting a thread about your BEST experience about your dealer Steve? As you well know most new members come on to get help about an issue they have with their car or their dealer, so finding stories about your worst experience are plentiful on here

Lets be positive and encourage some good stories :toast:

Well looks pretty positive so far, Kingo's Jedi mind trick works well LOL

Not had any issues with a Toyota dealer. They've always done what I expected in the timeframe expected whenever possible and done it properly. On the one time there was a delay due to lack of parts (for a recall) they gave me a courtesy car for the duration.

On the other hand, I Had some issues with a Ford dealer who eventually lost their franchise when they started treating their corporate customers as badly as their private ones! Had to have an instrument cluster on a Granada changed. They couldn't get the rev counter on the new one to work properly so they just bent the needle round the back of the stop. When I complained, they informed me that since the car was automatic, it didn't need the rev counter anyway. Hardly the point was it! Fixed it myself in the end, took the cluster out, unbent the pin they'd managed to nearly break off, put the needle round the right side of the stop and away it went.

• Like 1

Kingo - You should have complained about the lack of pies and beer provided to employees! :lol:

I think by and large Toyota dealers are still among the best; They just tend to be pricey for stuff outside normal servicing.

It does depend on the individual garage tho'; Some of them seem to be a lot worse than others!

I'm happy to eat all the pies thrown at me :lol:

Yes the Toyota network on the whole are very good, the problem on the forum is, one person having a poor service will come on and post about it, the other 1000 customers around the network on that day had a fantastic service and never share that experience with anybody. We look after around 70 customers a day, we survey EVERY customer and so does Toyota, ocassionaly things go wrong, and we will do our best to put them right, it doesnt make us a bad dealer, it makes us very aware for the future and to improve what we do every day. Yes there are good dealers, and those who need to improve, just like Estate Agents, Plumbers, Drain operatives, Solicitors, Car Salesmen...............................................the list is endless

I think we should promote good service and tell everyone about it

• Like 2

I have had excellent service from my local Toyota dealer Thurlow Nunn St Ives Cambridgeshire

The buying experience has always been pleasant with the sales team always open and honest about the transaction

The Parts department are always helpful in answering my questions and the after service team always turn out a good job at reasonable price

I have recently retuned to Toyota following 18 months ownership of a Mercedes Benz A Class (long time ambition)...........The MB service standards were honestly not that brilliant!

Yet another satisfied Toyota customer

Worst: Toyota telling me they could fix my car by the weekend on a Tuesday, they cancelling to say "they aren't going to get around to it" by the time it was too late to book it in anywhere else...

Best: BMW replacing the rear springs on my M3 because one had cracked, dispite the fact that the car was bought second hand, not from a dealership and was out of warranty at 5 years old.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links