Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speeding Ticket Excuses?

Steve

What is the best excuse you have made or heard of to try and get out of a speeding ticket?

Well, I heard it was Ok for a copper to drive at 150mph on the motorway and do 60-70 in 30mph limits in an unmarked car without blues and twos or for any reason other than to 'test the vehicle' so I thought 35 would be fine at 3am...

Not tried it myself, and probably won't. The authorities don't like to be reminded that they run with a 'do as I say not as I do' policy.

I wanted to get to the petrol station before I ran out of petrol.

Or

I needed a wee

Or

I thought you were a rapist following me

Or

Good lord, was it that fast?

Must be hundreds of excuses, I just want to know what the name of the pill is that gives people immunity from speed limits!

its not my fault officer,its an automatic.

driver on motorway ,gets short taken and is realy bursting,it its 30 mile to the next services, as the panic sets in he goes faster and faster till he is doing well over 100 mph

he gets pulled over by a patrol car,the officer says do you realise you were doing 112 mph sir,i am sory says the driver but i am looking for a **** house,well sir says the officer you have found one,show me your licence.

"You see, officer, my kids were screaming in the back seat so I was trying to go faster than the speed of sound."

"I've got a bad case of diarrhea and was rushing to get to the next rest area."

"I'm a victim of Toyota's sudden unintended acceleration!"

The police set up a trap on a notorious country lane, but did not get much of a bite at all As they were thinking of packing up a motorbike shot past the camera at high speed and was brought to a skiddy halt by a burly policeman further down the road.

Policeman, "We've been waiting for you all day".

Young lad on bide, "Well, I got here as quick as I could".

In the '60s I worked with a chap who was stopped by the police, but when the officer got to the driver's window the wife was giving my pal a 'right earful" from the passenger seat. The officer waited for lull in tha tirade and said "I think you've got enough trouble in there laddie" and returned to his car.

Malcolm

If you check the top speed of my car, you'll find it was never designed to travel at the quoted speed on your camera......

Right-hand drive cars are perfectly legal in the US, but they are rare. This guy found out a RHD car can be an asset when pulled over:

"We were going to a Sports Car Race in an MG TC on a rainy night when we were stopped for going a little too fast. The officer approached the left side of the car and asked for my driver's license and disappeared into the wet dark night. A few minutes later he came back and slipped me a ticket through the flap on the removable side weather shield. I said, "Officer, I am not the driver of the car." With that he shined his flashlight through the front window and saw my friend sitting behind the right side steering wheel. I stuck the ticket through the flap and he took it. Disappearing into the rain we saw him drive away soon afterward."

excellent excuses, lets hear more!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links