Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drl - Installation Help

aygoblue123

I bought some drl's that i could do with some help in regard to wiring. Pictures show the wires available and instructions sent.

1. Do i need to fuse the wires at any point and what fuse and how? (yes i'm an electrician dum-*****)

2. There is no white wire as described in the instructions to link to headlights to turn off when headlights are on, however when i ordered it said they have a dimming function when the headlights are on. Does this mean that when i turn on the headlights it automatically notices the voltage change and dims them? and the instructions are for another model? I know other drl's that do this and don't need a wire to the headlights.

3. Do i need thicker gauge wiring?

4. What connector do i put on the end to connect to the Battery? and to the positive or negative - black wire

5. Where would i find the ignition switch? for wiring the red wire to.

ANY HELP VERY MUCH APPRECIATED :D

Photo020.jpg

TBH if ever DRL's have to be retrofitted by law, I would go to an Auto electrician! Car electrics are far too complicated for me these days....

I can only see the instructions and don't see any wiring. the wiring (and

possibly the relay-socket with wiring) would be handy to help you out...

just red, black and yellow wiring thats it. no other relay box just the light casings them selves.

apparently i should connect red to green sidelight wire and black to the other? will this work?

My guess would be that red needs to go to +12V with Ignition on (I've used the feed for the sprayerpumps for this),

Yellow to the green wire of the side light and black to the white w/ black stripe.

That way the DRL should light when you turn on the ignition and go off when you turn on positionlights (with taillights)...

Okay great, the only thing is the yellow goes to the indicators as they flash orange for turning. There is supposed to be a white wire according to the instructions to connect to a headlamp.

Ive sorted it now just wired to the sidelights, not as bright as i hoped so returning and gunna go for the philips jobbies in the future :)

I didn't catch on they would light amber for turnsignals.

But if they don't correspond with the instructions you're right on returning them!

yeah exactly, typical. The latest philips ones are fantastic and are black so they are not obvious when parked, and look oem when installed. Plus i've seen pictures and videos, they're incredibly bright, however they dont indicate which would have been cool :/

Hi blue, I fitted the phillips DRL,s to my Urbancruiser, they look good and are dead simple to fit.They do look when fitted correctly as an OME part. Not cheap but well worth the difference.

Regards Clare

Oh cheers for that! :) definitely worth the price tag as i have heard :) and the way you set it up is so simple too! thanks :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links