Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing

Cherry Red Pocket Rocket

My Yaris has been repaired at last and is looking absolutely smashing. Even better than when I first bought her! She's now reached 90,000 miles and is in need of a service. My Toyota handbook says to refer to the "servicing booklet" but I've not got one! Could anyone tell me what I need to do/chage at 90,000 miles and where I can get my hands on a servicing booklet for my Mrk. 1 Yaris?

Cheers.

Don't forget that brake fluid needs to be changed every 2-3 years regardless of mileage....

Plus, the following may need doing depending upon how well the service history has been done so far....

Air filter every 4 years or 30000 miles,

Spark plugs every 4 years or 40000 miles,

Engine coolant after 100000 miles

Pollen filter - Inspect & replace if required.

Gearbox oil - inspect level & top up every 4 years or 40000 miles.

Plus the following "inspections" - which means the following needs to be inspected & checked out:

Every 1 year or every 10000 miles:

Air filter

Auto transmission fluid

Exhaust pipe & mountings

Air con filter

Brake pads & disks

Brake fluid

Tyres, lights, Wiper Blades, washer fluid.

Every 2 years or every 20000 miles:

Engine coolant

Spark plugs

Drive shaft boots

Cooling & heater system hoses

Fuel tank cap, fuel lines, connections & vapour control valve

Body corrosion

Brake pedal & parking brake

Brake linings & drums

Brake pipes & hoses

Power steering fluid

Front & rear suspension

Steering wheel & linkages

Power steering, ball joints, dust covers.

Grease all locks and linkages especially bonnet release.

Check the fuel filler pipe is not rusty - it will be . Cover with a wax/oil based preservative...

My Yaris has been repaired at last and is looking absolutely smashing. Even better than when I first bought her! She's now reached 90,000 miles and is in need of a service. My Toyota handbook says to refer to the "servicing booklet" but I've not got one! Could anyone tell me what I need to do/chage at 90,000 miles and where I can get my hands on a servicing booklet for my Mrk. 1 Yaris?

Good news. Presumably this was this because of the accident you had a while back? Anyway, glad you’re pleased with the results. You have probably got just about all the info you require now about servicing, but if you still wish to get hold of a copy then this guy obtained one FOC from his dealer. Worth a try in anycase. :thumbsup:

Don't forget that brake fluid needs to be changed every 2-3 years regardless of mileage....

Plus, the following may need doing depending upon how well the service history has been done so far....

I must say that I am a bit surprised to see that there is a time specification for sparkplugs. Four years doesn’t sound that long to me. Would these items actually deteriorate over this sort of period? My own were replaced 12,500 miles back, but this was over 5 years ago. Where I would have expected to see a time specified is with the engine coolant. Also 100,000 seems a hell of a whack before replacement. I changed my own along with the spark plugs but would intend doing this again in the next couple of months. Any views? :huh:

Good news. Presumably this was this because of the accident you had a while back? Anyway, glad you’re pleased with the results. You have probably got just about all the info you require now about servicing, but if you still wish to get hold of a copy then this guy obtained one FOC from his dealer. Worth a try in anycase. :thumbsup:

I must say that I am a bit surprised to see that there is a time specification for sparkplugs. Four years doesn’t sound that long to me. Would these items actually deteriorate over this sort of period? My own were replaced 12,500 miles back, but this was over 5 years ago. Where I would have expected to see a time specified is with the engine coolant. Also 100,000 seems a hell of a whack before replacement. I changed my own along with the spark plugs but would intend doing this again in the next couple of months. Any views? :huh:

This is for Toyota's 'For life' coolant which is coloured either Red or Pink and is good for 100,000 miles.

This is for Toyota's 'For life' coolant which is coloured either Red or Pink and is good for 100,000 miles.

or 10 years....

or 10 years....

That is correct, 10 years or 100,000 miles which ever is soonest.

Pink only, NOT red

Kingo :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Thanks for clearing that up Kingo, I knew it was either the pink or red one and not both.

Keep out of the red and in the pink la la la.............. :naughty: :D: :D: :D:

Keep out of the red and in the pink la la la.............. :naughty: :D: :D: :D:

.......and hopefully you will never feel blue .....:yahoo:.

Kingo ............ you're a star :yes: .

Pete.

Thanks guys. At 80,000 I changed the coolant, spark plugs, filters, brake fluid and all that. I guess I've only got to change the oil this time round. What about the alternator belt though?

If the alternator belt drives the power steering pump at the front of the engine, replacement involves removing an engine mounting....(eek done it pia)

Check for bad cracks.. leave alone if small ones..

Cheers guys. Does anyone know where I can find a how to guide to changing the oil?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links