Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrade Your Iq To A Lexus...

sweet-dentist

If you like it, thats the most important thing!

I imagine that picture will feature on many websites around the world,

maybe even on some car shows & magazines.

First time that i have noticed that the Lexus badge seams to look like the sign made by UK Top Gear presenters using there fingers on the forehead,

quite often used towards the other 2 when they win a challenge.

george

PS i wonder if Lexus will react in anyway when it gets wider media coverage.

(only being half serious, but you never know.)

Ha... yes... the sign is the "L" from "Looooser" made with the fingers of your right hand on your forehead. It's even more fun if you make the sign with the "L" shape in opposite direction....sooo "_]" with your left hand.

Means the "L" is wrong-way-around... ha ha.. double loooser.... grinnn...

Well I do not really care... I find it very exciting to do this and see what it becomes. By making these experiments one gets to learn a lot about things.

It is an experiment and it can be reversed... :-)

And maybe one of you readers will have an idea, through this.... Feedback is nice...

As a PS ... I can tell you that I have an rear-camera as well... and a camera that films the front of the car during a ride....

Further ...

So I have been doing more with the car...

I am not going to lower the car... and no 18" wheels.. I do have wintersnowtires... !!!

AND then .... about a Cygnet...

Can not fool me that it is not other than a pimped Toyota iQ in hart... All the so called extra's a Cygnet has... all are also on my iQ...Except for some ethic design differences .....

but the cost is about 2.5 up to 3.5 times (WHY??) more than my iQ (17.500 euro's, compared to about 40 to 60.000 euro's for the Cygnet).... Talking about silly byers.. ha ha

Sure it's an over priced IQ but what they have done with it can be considered tasteful with what style car they had to play with and rebadge as an Aston unlike your Toyota/ Lexus mismatch disaster ........ seriously.

i-dunno-i-think-youre-jealous1.jpg

Ha ha ... thats OK....

your logic is nothing short of astounding, to buy probably a car with one of the lowest torque ranges and bhp to tow a caravan and then proceed to use some sticky tape to make a 'lexus'...not to mention the carbon fiber to make the car lighter and faster. cant wait to do this to mine.

:rolleyes:

It's still just a car....... a thing.... a way of transport.... it will last a ( limited ) long time.... And whatever Badge it has is of no influence...

It's trying to get more fun out of it...

I must say that in the (much longer existing) Smart-world... there is more innovation and rebuilding and adjusting and discussion going on then in this newcomer iQ... All this has to form in the coming years...

So with these scenes of my car, I am trying to push the envelope (or something in that sort of texture.. :) )

Happens that....

My other car is a Smart. That's from February 2001 ... I treat it just like the iQ... and it's a 100% very handy car for in town.... easier to park (then the iQ) in small places.

Due to the turbo in the Smart and having only 600CC it does a much better acceleration than and about the same speed performance as the iQ. And can easily go up to 145 kilometers an hour...

But way less hand-ability at high speed during windy weather.

It also has rear-camera on board. You must know I have 2 neck-hernia's / hard to look back / turn the head.. and it's very easy when you park.

And it has an extra travel-box for on the back...

So... not so strange for me to do these kind of things...

Here the Smart with the rear travel-box...

20090923_19.jpg

Here you can see the rear camera / the rear window covers it when closed.

DSC02838.jpg

Between the chairs, you can see the front monitor on the dashboard..

DSC02839.jpg

If you need extra room for carrying stuff would it not be simpler to buy a bigger vehicle, rather than drive about with a skip (UK speak for a large rubbish container) stuck on the back of your car?

Does nothing for the aesthetics of the design!

Well, that's been said more than once... :)

I used to drive in an enormous big car... Toyota Previa Executive Automatic 2.4 Liter (most luxurious version / + electric sliding doors, left and right).

In that car I had more than enough room.. in the beginning I thought it would be handy.. just take the leather captain-seats (6 seater).. out and you have an enormous space for stuff.

I bought the Previa after I used to have a Hyundai H200 Van... And I thought all the space would be handy.

It turned out that in the (almost)2 years I had the car... I mostly used it for to and fro from work (22 kilometers away), and only 2 or 3 times to transport stuff, where I would take out the backseats.

Driving to and from work alone in such a huge car I thought would be more fun... really... to be relaxed...and stuff...

previa.jpg

But the only thing that happened that I was bothered with the un-usefullness and spilling of money and gas... PLUS I did not get any more status from having this car... witch also was a reason to by this bigger car.

Anyway..... I bought a second hand Smart and found out that driving to and fro from work .. was the same.. but very much cheaper and a lot more fun!!!!

At the end I bought a new iQ and returned the Previa... There was a lot of comparing the iQ and an newer Smart... But one cannot compare these cars / they are very very different.

The fun and the cheap driving was the best part... I kept the Smart.. I would never get the money back by selling it and it's very cheap to have.

And for the extra space boxes... these can be hooked up..whenever it's necessary..and they rest in the garage.. :yes:

Although Lexus is basically a part of Toyota, I couldn't personally justify swapping badges over. As an experiment and a bit fun, each to there own. I think the only time I'd ever consider re-badging something in this way was if I were to swap the Toyota engine for a Lexus one (I don't know any Lexus engines so for all I know there may not even be a Lexus engine small enough to fit in the iQ). I'd probably have to swap other parts for Lexus equivalents too, but that's just me. There's a few pictures on the internet of a black iQ with Lexus badges on, you might want to look for them if you haven't already.

The info for removing the 'Toyota' and 'iQ' Badge may be of use to me one day, so thanks for that. I like the clean look of not having chrome letters, words, etc all over the back, but I'd still keep the Toyota Badge in the centre.

Although Lexus is basically a part of Toyota, I couldn't personally justify swapping badges over. As an experiment and a bit fun, each to there own. I think the only time I'd ever consider re-badging something in this way was if I were to swap the Toyota engine for a Lexus one (I don't know any Lexus engines so for all I know there may not even be a Lexus engine small enough to fit in the iQ). I'd probably have to swap other parts for Lexus equivalents too, but that's just me. There's a few pictures on the Internet of a black iQ with Lexus badges on, you might want to look for them if you haven't already.

The info for removing the 'Toyota' and 'iQ' badge may be of use to me one day, so thanks for that. I like the clean look of not having chrome letters, words, etc all over the back, but I'd still keep the Toyota badge in the center.

The Toyota Badge and the letter "i" from iQ on the back of the car...... where surprisingly very easy to remove... The "i" I could take of .. just by fiddling it with my left hand... it came of... just like that.

I expect that the "Q" will also come off that easy... ;) So you can clean the back in no time... really..

In early days we had logo's that read....... 4WD or V6 or V8 or Nitro or TURBO or something like that... was a fun time.. :yes: REMEMBER??? You can still bye them.... oh yeah..

If you look real close on the photo of the Previa, you should see a V8 sighn on the left and 4WD on the right of the back-cover. The car did not have that... it was for fun....!!!

Peter

car-2-.jpg

car-1-.jpg

car-4-.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I could also do this... :rolleyes:

It did rain a bit...

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

---------------------------------------------

Made a lot... but only the biggest ones did work... A4 sideways...

And by using RED tape.. it's hardly noticeable ... ha ha

---------------------------------------------

DSC00307.jpg

Good to see that you hold on to your sense of fun and good humour Peter, despite those on here who would knock your efforts. :rolleyes:

Good to see that you hold on to your sense of fun and good humour Peter, despite those on here who would knock your efforts. :rolleyes:

My complements to you... my good Sir...

Thanks for this... Red Yaris 54... Thanks... :thumbsup:

We know it's just a car.. a thing.. just to have fun with...

Greets,

Peter

PS

Maybe if I was a "Very Important Director's Executive Bureaudesk Pencil-Sharpener's Help" and drove a Companie's Payed Maybach (Full Edition / All Capitals), I would certainly not do this... Ohhh Noo's....

But this a FUN car and not a WORK car... and it's mine... :D

yea but did you put leather inside and rocket launchers lol

David

Dear Tarquin,

I will show you the picture's tomorrow, my good Sir... :artist:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links