Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

59 Plate Yaris Tr 1.33 Petrol

Berti

Just had Toyota World Cardiff on the phone today with a reminder that my wife's Yaris will be two years old next month and will need a service.

According to what I'm told it is a major service at a cost of £250.78!!! Brought tears to my eyes!!

Would appreciate anybody's experience/advice as to whether this sounds reasonable or whether it is worth shopping around, please.

£250 sounds steep - especially as the first year service was £133.

Cheers

Bertie

Just had Toyota World Cardiff on the phone today with a reminder that my wife's Yaris will be two years old next month and will need a service.

According to what I'm told it is a major service at a cost of £250.78!!! Brought tears to my eyes!!

Would appreciate anybody's experience/advice as to whether this sounds reasonable or whether it is worth shopping around, please.

£250 sounds steep - especially as the first year service was £133.

Cheers

Bertie

Sounds about right if you include brake fluid change. My 2 year service without fluid chande was about £210.

Expensive is'nt it :crybaby:

The second year or 20000 mile service on the Yaris is the major service and has more content

It is also recommended that the brake fluid is changed at this service

If convenient maybe you could get a couple of quotes from any other nearby dealers

£250 is perhaps a little high but if it includes the brake fluid change it is a reasonable quote as this element is approx £40 to £50

i usually fight local dealers against each other, telling the others dealers the lowest price quoted by another dealer, they soon beat it.

Have you considered a service plan? I got one for my Yaris and it costs £9.70 per month, obviously including any oils and fluids etc used. I did take it out just before the VAT went up so it will be a bit more now. There is no charge for paying monthly be direct debit. :) It works out cheaper than paying for each service individually, each year. It suits me as I would only take my car to the dealership. :) I took it out when my car was due it second service so the service plan covers me for the big service which would cost more if it was paid for seperately rather than as part of the service plan. You could probably still take out a service plan even if your service is due now.

Have you considered a service plan? I got one for my Yaris and it costs £9.70 per month, obviously including any oils and fluids etc used. I did take it out just before the VAT went up so it will be a bit more now. There is no charge for paying monthly be direct debit. :) It works out cheaper than paying for each service individually, each year. It suits me as I would only take my car to the dealership. :) I took it out when my car was due it second service so the service plan covers me for the big service which would cost more if it was paid for seperately rather than as part of the service plan. You could probably still take out a service plan even if your service is due now.

Most service plans DO NOT include brake fluid change in their prices.

My sons Aygo service plan (3 Year Plan) included the brake fluid change and the cost of the first MOT with an insurance cover for up to £500 of work if anything was required to get it through the MOT

Not sure that this comprehensive service plan is still available

My recently purchased New Verso S has 3 years free serviceing including a brake fluid change at 2 years although in the last month or so Toyota has changed this to 2 years free servicing!

• 2 weeks later...

My plan with Toyota does for an Auris :) And coolant changes :):)

Post #16

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124195&st=15

Post #16

My plan with Toyota did not!!

My plan with Toyota does for an Auris :) And coolant changes

em i dont think so on the coolant change^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ not unless your service plan is running for 100k or ten years!!!

Post #16

My plan with Toyota did not!!

I must have had a senior moment there, I meant brake fluid change. :rolleyes:

"I must have had a senior moment there, I meant brake fluid change. :rolleyes:!

Which are included ;) It says it covers all recommended items.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links