Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Off The Road For Two Months

Huh!

I'd like to take my 2007 Auris 1.4D off the road for two months.

I don't have a smart charger, but would like to disconnect my Battery

( to prevent it from discharging ).The car will be garaged.What problems may I

encounter if I do this?

Only problem is losing radio preset stations, audio settings and trip computer settings and informations... :yes:...but don't forget, before doing this close all the windows full and lock the car.

Leave the handbrake off to prevent pads sticking to discs.

Settings as mentioned above + you will have to "reprogram" the one touch on the windows by holding the button for each window fully down, then fully up holding for 20 seconds or so when the window reaches the top. Seems to be something that applies to most cars.

Why not make the small investment in a smart Battery charger which will save you all of the above hassle and also keep your Battery in top condition

Modern smart chargers can be permanently connected and switched on and are not as expensive as they used to be

Just disconnecting your Battery will not fully protect it against discharging

I would start it up once a week or once a fortnight and run for about 15 minutes.

This way all the engine parts will be lubricated, the cooling system will circulate and you can also turn on the A/C. This will prevent corrosion affecting all these areas.

The coolant has anticorrosion additive in it.engine does not need lubricating when not running.you need to run engine longer to replace Battery charge if you turn on a/c.

forget it.

Just trickle charge Battery.if not parked near a power point then remove Battery to where there is one.

Yes, this is true; in addition of that, if you want to keep in good condition the Battery over winter, taking this out of the car and keeping it in a warm place is advisable...

Are you disconnecting the Battery as an 'Anti-theft' method, or simply to maintain it's charge whilst it is not in use?

I've been away for periods of 2-4 months and never bothered to disconnect the Battery and the car has been fine when i have returned to it. I've always made sure that the first time i use it on return i have driven it for an hour or more, so the Battery gets a full charge and all brakes get a good clean of any rust.

Many new cars stand around for longer than a couple of months in the open before being taken to dealers.

Depends a lot on the condition of the Battery.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links