Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Speakers For Iq3?

afe

I'm considering replacing the original Speakers in my IQ3 with something that sounds better and has a bit more "Oomph". I could by the JBL system from Toyota, but that would cost me about £10K + mounting costs, and I think that's rather steep for a system that MIGHT be decent. What I'm looking into is a set of DLS Speakers (these: http://dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_68) to replace the door Speakers and tweeters.

What I'm wondering about is the dimension of the original speakers and it any of you replaced them with something better? According to the car stereo guy I spoke with 6.5" is a common dimension for speakers nowadays, but I have no idea if my IQ speakers are that size and I don't really know how to remove the door linings to check it ...

LMAO,

Sounds simple really..

If you dont know anything about ICE instalations & you cant do an instalation yourself because you cant get the door trims off to see what is already there & you think its just a case of changing Speakers without wiring & connection upgrades,.

'Step away from the vehicle'

& Get a professional to look.

It will take him/her all of 5 minutes to tell you what you have already & what you might fit & what cost.

(they are used to giving quotes & it really should cost nothing for a look see & advice.)

I happen to really like the Speakers & the sound thats fitted as standard,

but then i am not an audiophonic person i dont need oomph in a small space..

have fun with it.

george

afe was only here to ask about speaker sizes (and indicated he wasn't sure (yet) how to remove the door lining)...

Come on George, was there any need for that condescending reply !!

afe was only here to ask about speaker sizes (and indicated he wasn't sure (yet) how to remove the door lining)...

Come on George, was there any need for that condescending reply !!

really sorry if afe is offended and you and anyone else.

I was forgeting this is just a serious technical forum for stuff like how large your tweeter is.

I must bow out of it now i think.

still highly amused by the 10k bit & it tickled me early in the morning,

if thats condesending then sorry.

george

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links