Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road Rage

Steve

Have you ever experienced road rage from another driver? Or have you ever gone nuts with someone?

Yes I have experienced so-called road rage from other drivers. But I have never lost my temper with another driver as it just ain't worth the hassle and waste of time.

I prefer NOT to call it road rage but just bad manners.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you...........................you'll be a man, my son!

Excerpt from the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling

No. As James says abpve, it's simply not worth the hassle, and frankly I couldn't be bothered anyway. The effort would probably kill me!

<p>Have you ever experienced road rage from another driver? Or have you ever gone nuts with someone? </p>

I'll admit to it (going nuts) if you do :lol:

Even if as some say they have never reacted badly towards other driver's, you would have to be driving on the moon to have never experienced road rage from another driver.

yes i have...i hate people sitting on my back bumper at speed well i was coming off a round about on to the bypass on to the fast lane their was 3 cars in front of me and the slow lane was well going slower than us and was busy when this 20ish year old !Removed! in a bmw sits about an inch off my rear bumper poss showing off to the blonde in his car then he starts flashing banging his steering wheel waving in and out.......we cant go any were!!! so i see red knocked car out of gear and stood on the brakes i could see the colour drain out his face...this bean pole jumps out his car he starts walking over waving his arms and shouting well i open the door and step out the boy stops and starts walking back to his car(im 6'2 16.5 stone and im big built i do a lot of weights)hes mumbling how he was going to get me so i see red again i run up to him swing him round grabbed him by the neck and gave him what for......not a battering a shouting at if it hadnt been for the wife he'd have been on the floor.......and all this in the fast lane!!!not my best moment...lol

yes i have...i hate people sitting on my back bumper at speed well i was coming off a round about on to the bypass on to the fast lane their was 3 cars in front of me and the slow lane was well going slower than us and was busy when this 20ish year old !Removed! in a bmw sits about an inch off my rear bumper poss showing off to the blonde in his car then he starts flashing banging his steering wheel waving in and out.......we cant go any were!!! so i see red knocked car out of gear and stood on the brakes i could see the colour drain out his face...this bean pole jumps out his car he starts walking over waving his arms and shouting well i open the door and step out the boy stops and starts walking back to his car(im 6'2 16.5 stone and im big built i do a lot of weights)hes mumbling how he was going to get me so i see red again i run up to him swing him round grabbed him by the neck and gave him what for......not a battering a shouting at if it hadnt been for the wife he'd have been on the floor.......and all this in the fast lane!!!not my best moment...lol

Good for you coz it sounds like he deserved it :yahoo: and he sounds like the typical coward, the only reason he turned back around was because you were not smaller than him.

I'll let you in on one that happened when my daughter was just six months old, i was driving along minding my own business, my daughter was safely strapped in her baby carrier in the back with my wife alongside her, when all of a sudden this black cab came up my nearside, there was a parked car and he tried to undertake and cut in front of me, but to let him in i would have had to virtually do an emergency stop, i simply held my ground, i didn't speed up to try and prevent him, like i said i simply held my ground, this really enraged him because he had to brake hard to avoid hitting the parked car, he then swerved out and came right up behind me, tailgating me, he then went to overtake on the wrong side of the road but had to swerve back in because of oncoming traffic, he then again tries to undertake me but again was thwarted by a parked car and i could see his face turning bright red in my rear view mirror, so he's back on my bumper again, a little further up the road we approached a roundabout and stopped, the taxi driver then drew alongside, i waited for him to pull away first and hoped that that would be the last we saw of him, i then pulled away with him in front, all of a sudden and with nothing in front of him he slammed on the brakes and i almost rear ended him, he pulled away and just as i started off he again banged on the brakes in an attempt to make me run into the back of him, well that was the final straw, he could not have failed to see that i had a baby in the back of the car nor the baby on board sign in the rear window, i was absolutely livid that this moron would endanger my child and wife like he did and there was nothing that was going to stop me from spilling his blood, he pulled away and turned into a petrol garage just a hundred yards further on, i drove in behind him and went to get out, my wife grabbed hold of me cos she knew what was going to happen, but i simply slipped out of my jacket and she was left holding it :lol: , the cabby saw me coming and he wound his window up and quickly locked his door as i tried to pull it open, but unluckily for him his nearside front door window was wound right down, i ran around and dived head first through it grabbing hold of our now cowering cabby by the throat, my assault was brought to a premature end by two burly policemen pulling me back out by my legs :lol: the police took us both aside as they do and questioned us separately, they also spoke to my wife, they ended up letting me off with a stern talking to and a ticking off for the cabby.

Five years later i became a cabby myself lol , my daughter is now 19 .

As I said above, I have never, and I mean NEVER experienced road rage, either on my side, or from someone else, however I did have an incident of 'garage' rage, where a Black cab pulled in to the petrol pump in front of me in our local tesco's. When I commented that it was customary to wait in a queue instead of pushing in, the cabbie came back and kicked my car and told me ro F off as 'he was working and didn't have time to wait'

So, Bali, my very low opinion of black cab drivers was not helped by this incident (and having worked in London for 40 years seeing cabbies U turn in front of everything from buses to lorries, continue over zebra's while there are people on them, crossing lights on amber, and generally acting like some cyclists!

Not accusing all of them mind you, most are probably good guys, but like everything else the minority spoil it....

What causes road rage anyway? Someone elses mistake? A mistake that you make? Flagrant disregard of laws and good practice?

Patience, politeness And forgiveness .... And the roads would be a much safer place.

I have experienced both sides as a few have here. What causes it? I think there are so many varying factors but more often than not is usually a mix of stupidity and lack of common courtesy. I have noticed over the past few years people rarely thank you for letting them out of side roads or letting them into spaces etc and it just makes me feel like I can't be bothered to be nice to other drivers and maybe I should just drive around in my own bubble and ignore the rest

The time I experienced road rage was when I came across a road repair that had blocked my side of the road, I had to drive over the other side to get round it. I could see a small van some 100 metres up the road so considered it safe to do this! Once I got round the obstruction and some 20 metres the other side this idiot slammed on his brakes, with smoke coming off the front tyres :lol: and, as both our windows were wound down, he said that I should have ****ing waited until he had gone through first :huh: I simply told him that he was a **** and advised him to **** off and get his tyres checked as he most likely had flat spotted them :rolleyes:

Some drivers are utter :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :lol:

As I said above, I have never, and I mean NEVER experienced road rage, either on my side, or from someone else, however I did have an incident of 'garage' rage, where a Black cab pulled in to the petrol pump in front of me in our local tesco's. When I commented that it was customary to wait in a queue instead of pushing in, the cabbie came back and kicked my car and told me ro F off as 'he was working and didn't have time to wait'

So, Bali, my very low opinion of black cab drivers was not helped by this incident (and having worked in London for 40 years seeing cabbies U turn in front of everything from buses to lorries, continue over zebra's while there are people on them, crossing lights on amber, and generally acting like some cyclists!

Not accusing all of them mind you, most are probably good guys, but like everything else the minority spoil it....

What causes road rage anyway? Someone elses mistake? A mistake that you make? Flagrant disregard of laws and good practice?

Patience, politeness And forgiveness .... And the roads would be a much safer place.

Not wishing to open up old wounds Jan&tone :D but yes i accept that the trade is perceived in a bad light by other motorists and the like, i too had a low opinion of cabbies before i became one, but having done the job for almost 15 years now, i now know why the cabby does that annoying u-turn , or go through lights on amber, until you have dealt with the traveling public on a personal level you will never understand, people put tremendous pressure on us all the time, they are always late for a very important meeting or they will miss their train etc, you'll be amazed at the level of abuse we get because we stopped at a set of lights when they changed to amber or drove up the road instead of performing a u-turn immediately, i have lost count of the amount of times i have been sworn at for stopping at amber lights, one customer refused to pay more than the meter was showing at the time i stopped, other customers have shouted ' where are you going, i want to go the other way, why haven't you u-turned', they are not interested in the fact that i might disrupt the flow of traffic or that it might be dangerous to perform a u-turn there, all they care about is how much the journey will cost them, in my early days as a cabby i too used to succunb to the pressure, but not any more, if the lights are on amber i stop, if its not safe to perform an immediate u-turn i don't, and i certainly never stop on zig zags, despite customers shouting stop STOP, i want to get off here, all i am saying Jan&tone is try to have a little understanding, evrything is not always black and white and there are reasons for everything, but like i said to you in the past, there is no excuse for bad behaviour, and you should have taken the cabbies number and reported him rather than tar us all with the same brush, its pleasing to see that you are not now accusing all of us of being like the guy who kicked your car at the petrol garage, but agree that the minority do spoil the reputation of the majority.

All cabbies are dodgy.... :yahoo:

Ones from Essex are :lol:

I was saw to wagon drivers fighting the the gutter, both lorries parked up in lane one and two of the exit from the A55, I went round the roundabout to have another look, very entertaining :lol:

There was a scroat and his son in a van who cut me up on a mini roundabout a few weeks ago, I shook my head in disbelief, he stopped the van and got out, I thought, here we go :angry: So I got out, let him F and blind at me, he ran out of things to say so I said, OK you have said your piece nob 'ead you can get in your van and foxtrot oscar now. He did, very strange, thought we might have had a bit of a do but he wasnt having any of it :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Heh! Heh!

I have forwarded your Pic to Balli to circulate amomg the Fraternity :yahoo: Consider yourself Blackballed. You may already be :eek: The Photo wasn't clear on that point :lol2:

Not rattled your cage have i Raist :lol: :lol2:

But some are more dodgy than others... :D :D :D

But some are more dodgy than others... :D :D :D

:lol::thumbsup:

i remember i lost it with 5 blokes in a car that was driving about 6 inches from me.. they were more shocked that i exploded in front of em

drove away quickly before they got out and hit me LOL

I always find cranking up some Three Inches of Blood or Judas Priest strangely soothing :D

Can make the driving a bit erratic during the head-banging parts tho' :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links