Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent

tcawley

hi,

i started my car no problem today to bring my sisters to school to get their books, while i was waiting i had the key to acc to listen to music for 15 mins. tried to start the car but it was just turning over and wouldnt come to life, kept the key turned for about 20 seconds and nothing. stopped for 2 minutes and tried again for another 10 seconds. got someone to try and jump start the car but when the key is turned we just hear a click almost like it doesnt have enough power to turn over. please help as i am going back to the school car park at 4 to try and get it running again. thanks

also i was told by the previous owner that the Battery was replaced two years ago. it is definately not the factory Battery

All I can think of right now to get the car going is to bump-start it and take it for a little drive to try charge the Battery.

Have you got a Battery charger handy or know anyone who has for when the car is back home? I think you can get Battery boosters

dont know what bump start means so i cant try that :( im going to get the jump leads again when i go back and hook it up to my dads corolla for 15 mins while revveing the corolla every few minutes. while imthere ill check the car Battery water level but it should be fine for a 2 year old Battery right? failing all else im going to have it towed home using my dads car, if i get him to tow it while im in first gear can't i wait for about a mile or two and then try to start it or what is the best procedure. also my Battery cant be gone bad after 2 years can it? thanks a million people, really need this car for spetember

sounds like a dead Battery or at least a low charged Battery.

maybe the alternator isn't doing it's job of charging the Battery? sometimes a bad earth on the alternator can be to blame.

update,

went and got dad to tow the car home, have had his car running and jump leads connected to mine for the last 40 mins. lights are fine, dont think its the Battery. when the key is turned the engine jumps once and goes off, timing belt moves about an inch on key turn then nothing. any ideas

car is in the local garage now, i'll post when i know whats wrong

Have you tried removing the key altogether from the ignition for a few seconds then trying again? (This resets the immobiliser after time-out)

just a quick thought, could this be my laserline alarm system causing this. i do not know if the alarm has an immobiliser in it or not but where should i find the fuse to disable it. thanks, p.s i also do not know which laserline alarm i have

mechanic thinks the engine may be gone in it and that it was advertised with false mileage (around 62000) but he also said he never saw a cleaner looking car too. i've only had the car 10 days :(

mechanic thinks the engine may be gone in it and that it was advertised with false mileage (around 62000) but he also said he never saw a cleaner looking car too. i've only had the car 10 days :(

:unsure: That's a rather vague response! Couldn't your mechanic be more specific?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links