Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tire suggestions

rainman

Can anyone suggest a specific tire brand and model that will improve wet & snow traction for a 2001 tundra sr5 4x4? The factory tires just don't cut it.

Anyone with knowledge of Michelin cross terrain, Goodyear fortera hl, or Yokahama geolander h/t-s would be of particular interest.

I do most of my driving on road, I occasionally drive loose gravel or have to drag a my boat up an undeveloped ramp.

I don't want to go with all terrain, as rumor says they'll usually take 4mpg off an already scary 15mpg.

Thanks, Rainman

My ex used to run BF Goodrich All-Terrains on her RAV (ok snigger I know much smaller car) but they ran fine and didnt make any difference to the mpg. Seemed to do well in both wet & dry....

*sits back and waits for the 4x4 boys to come and correct*

:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Text Black

If I were you id go with some nice procomp mud terrains. Mine do pretty good in the snow. Even though you do most of your driving on the road get the mud terrains any way cause THEY LOOK COOL!!!

Or you can get Blizzak (I think theyre made by firestone) snow tires... they have micro suction cups in them to grip ice better.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links