Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Engine Swap

Burrows1980

Hi all,

Ive had a search of the site and seen many many threads about engine swaps, but im after some advice that I couldnt find on here. The girlfriend has a 1.0L Yaris, its got 105k on the clock and not sounded to healthy of late. Im looking at getting a 2nd hand engine 1.3L 2SZ yaris engine.

I used to work at the Deeside Toyota engine plant many years ago, and noticed back then the only difference was the block. But I never saw the engine in final assembly stage. Would the 2sz fit in with no other changes, such as gearbox or ecu?

One of the problems is we are getting married in 2013 and havent got the budget for a new car or 2nd hand to that matter, but a engine swap is finacially better, the other problem is for the last week shes been using my 330bhp Pulsar GTi-R so she wants more power than her 1.0l, I know a 2sz engine is not going to wow anyone but its gotta be a improvement on the 1sz.

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks

Gaz

Hello and welcome..

The engine swap is rather more complex than you might think:

Itemising the main differences (in no particular order)..

Gearbox ratios : final drives5.294:1 for 1.0 3.250:1 for 1.3

Position of power steering reservoirs and pumps.

Air filters

Exhaust systems .

Radiators

ECU

And I suspect spring ratings may be different.

You would be better off selling the 1.0 and buying a 1.3 in my view . And of course on such a major change insurance company would want an engineering inspection £££s...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links