Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon Lights?

mitcy

I would like to install xenon lights on my AYGO. However they told me that the headlamps might have a problem with condensation or the plastic might fade. This will not be covered by Warranty. As this might be caused by the heat from the bulb.

Any suggestion for good quality xenon lights?

HID bulbs (xenon is a gas, not a type of light) should run at LOWER temperatures!

I had HID in my Aygo and had no problems with the light units. I removed them as the

actual buls were lower quality and gave a lot of light scatter...

'Retro fitting' xenon HID kits is illegal in the UK so I wouldn't if I were you!

However xenon filled bulbs which tend to offer a 'whiter' light are fine. Go for Osram or Philips H4's

thank you.

HID bulbs (Xenon is a gas, not a type of light) should run at LOWER temperatures!

I had HID in my Aygo and had no problems with the light units. I removed them as the

actual buls were lower quality and gave a lot of light scatter...

thank you.

OSRAM bulbs work really well. I had them in my old astra as the standard bulbs were :censor: ! Nice brighter and longer light than standard bulbs. I havent changed them on my aygo (yet) as the standard ones are fine for the summer. If they are no good now the nights are drawing in, i will go back to OSRAMS as they were great :thumbsup:

'Retro fitting' xenon HID kits is illegal in the UK so I wouldn't if I were you!

However xenon filled bulbs which tend to offer a 'whiter' light are fine. Go for Osram or Philips H4's

as long as you fit them and get them alighned by a garage and dont go too blue you will be ok....

removing seats with air bags in them will fail the mot in the next few months too.....(well the airbag warning light is coming in to test)

as long as you fit them and get them alighned by a garage and dont go too blue you will be ok....

removing seats with air bags in them will fail the mot in the next few months too.....(well the airbag warning light is coming in to test)

There is a difference between getting past an overworked MOT examiner and complying with headlamp regulations.

AFAIK, xenon HID lights are required to have automatic leveling and built-in washers. These would probably not be worth retrofitting.

I've always found the Aygo's headlamps to be quite good, (which is saying something, given my eyesight).

untill hids come into the mot thats when i'll bother about retro fitted kits..... headlamp regs dont intrest me...

This topic is about fitting xenon HID's and nothing to do with side impact airbags... ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links