Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise

Andy Kerry

Had my 08 2.0D Auris for a few months now. All was well till I noticed a noise from the passenger footwell from the engine bay. I took it to the dealer i got it from and they said that it was normal for the 6 speed box. Im not too sure myself.

Had my 08 2.0D Auris for a few months now. All was well till I noticed a noise from the passenger footwell from the engine bay. I took it to the dealer i got it from and they said that it was normal for the 6 speed box. Im not too sure myself.

Cant see why the gearbox would cause noise,try coasting along in nuetrel and see if it does it.

I have the same car as you, and also have a noise. I've had mine for 9 months now and had the noise since I picked it up.

Is this a chattering noise once you lift off the clutch in Neutral, once the engine is warm by any chance? If so I have the same noise and they took the clutch and gearbox apart and found no problem.

If it dies it's coming out of their pocket - even if I have to get a court case going.

Yeh thats about right. Really strange how all the other cars with 6 speeds i have drove have no noises.

One of the techs who looked into it for me said it sounded like the clutch fork or throw out bearing making a little chattering, but has found it on all of the 6 spd Auris' he worked on, and in no cases has the fork of bearing been damaged or malfunctioning.

I've put it down to a characteristic of the car, like the squeaky brakes lol

• 2 weeks later...

Think I may have had the same noise on my SR.Rattling noise when on choke and when excelerating.

Mine was a loose airbox which runs behind the passenger side of the dashboard. Took mine to my dealer who tightened it up and put extra insulation around the connection between the box and the hose. No problems since.

Funny they also said I had a lose airbox... maybe a design fault?

• 2 months later...

Well the story contuines today the car still ahs the rattle. Got a tech to listen to it h said "no idea what that is".

Was told that i will have to pay for the investigation work! Eeeerr NO!

That was this morning so lets see how that goes not going to take this easliy i dont like things not been sorted!

Will let you know.

Had the car back after a day and a half they said that they had padded the airbox and tightened up some hoses. Also told me that there was no parts to be replaced so would not have been charged!!! Lucky me! Let's see how it goes then!

Had the car back after a day and a half they said that they had padded the airbox and tightened up some hoses. Also told me that there was no parts to be replaced so would not have been charged!!! Lucky me! Let's see how it goes then!

I wouldn't hold your breath, a year on and mine still has the noise. I have given up with it an just turn the radio up now, can't wait to get rid of my car now.

Hi guys just reading your threads sounds like all Auris' have this 'noise' problem. I have just moved over from Honda to Toyota and got myself an Auris SR180, things where going great until I noitced this annoying noise coming from I think the footwell of the driver side everytime I pushed the the pedal to the floor the 'noise' only lasts between 1500rpm and goes away at 2000rpm its like a rattle its more annoying on the motorway when i'm doing 70 which is about 1500rpm and need to accelerate its sooo annoying, like you say just turn radio up not paying main dealer £60p/hr to find no fault!

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my T180 Rav 4 on an 08 plate. Long story but it was cured by changing the pulley and drive belt. It sounded a bit like a chattering or pinking noise about 1600 rpm to 2000 rpm just as the turbo spooled up. It was annnoying rather than serious and was done under warranty. Sorry to go off topic re the footwell noise but hope it helps re the last post.

Mereside

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my T180 Rav 4 on an 08 plate. Long story but it was cured by changing the pulley and drive belt. It sounded a bit like a chattering or pinking noise about 1600 rpm to 2000 rpm just as the turbo spooled up. It was annnoying rather than serious and was done under warranty. Sorry to go off topic re the footwell noise but hope it helps re the last post.

Mereside

Nice post! Not off topic as it is possible that it could be the source of my noise too... I will suggest it to Toyota and see what they say :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links