Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Spirit Mmt 2007

kamran9558

Hi all,

I am new member here,

I bought my 2007 yaris MMT 1.3 from inchcape toyota (used) in feb2011 it was only 13500 miles at that time.

Now the car is almost 15400 miles, my MOT is due in NOV. I have couple of queries which I am confused about.

1) There is a grinding noise form my front brakes and there is absolutely no issue in braking, the noise only comes when i brake from slow speeds, Would this effect my MOT, if yes, then how should i get it fixed.

2)I am totally confused about when to change Engine and transmission oil, I have read at some places that the engine oil lasts for 5000 miles and at some places that it lasts 3000 miles, the last time oil was changed in Feb at 13500 miles.

. Stone between disk and backing plate or disk and hub.

2. Read the manual?

2. Read the manual?

thanks for replying, didnt get any manual. any ideas where can i find it online?

Hi all,

I am new member here,

I bought my 2007 yaris MMT 1.3 from inchcape toyota (used) in feb2011 it was only 13500 miles at that time.

Now the car is almost 15400 miles, my MOT is due in NOV. I have couple of queries which I am confused about.

1) There is a grinding noise form my front brakes and there is absolutely no issue in braking, the noise only comes when i brake from slow speeds, Would this effect my MOT, if yes, then how should i get it fixed.

2)I am totally confused about when to change Engine and transmission oil, I have read at some places that the engine oil lasts for 5000 miles and at some places that it lasts 3000 miles, the last time oil was changed in Feb at 13500 miles.

hi and welcome , on the braking i would check to see if your pads are worn out, either that or it could be corrosion of the disc

i,m sure the oil change is 10k

2. Read the manual?

thanks for replying, didnt get any manual. any ideas where can i find it online?

This is a great link for info ... http://www.toyota-tech.eu/ ... you should find some answers there.

As to the grinding noise, well my wife's Yaris, a 2008 SR makes a similar noise at low speed light braking but it's not grinding but more of a course "ssshing" sound if you catch my drift. I too have checked it out and nothing found, the Tech at Toyota said it's normal and this car has only done 3,500 miles.

Regards Pete.

thanks for the link, In my car its actualy a grinding noise i.e metal rubbing with metal, can this noise cause any issue during the MOT?

@gordond4d if the pads were worn out, wouldnt it effect braking

of course it would , when theres no brake compond left but the car would still brake to a certain extent and thats where the metal against metal grinding noise would occur :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just go into the dealer and ask about service intervals. They will be only too pleased to tell you! Potential customer for them! As for the brake noise, take off the front wheels and have a look. Otherwise, again the dealer. Regards, Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links