Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Holiday Ideas

PaulinhoT

In the first quater of next year I'm planning a driving holiday in and around Snowdonia. I just wondered if anyone else had been or could give me some suggestions of places of interest in and around the area :thumbsup:

Rheilffordd yr Wyddfa ? Croeso

Snowdon Mountain Railway take you on a journey of a lifetime to the rooftop of Wales.

Snowdon, at 3,560ft dominates the landscape of Snowdonia National Park in North Wales.

Claim this mountain peak, the highest in Wales, as a lifetime's achievement.

With stunning scenery and awe-inspiring views it's all part of a great day out for you and your family in North Wales.

See video for more idea's

http://www.visitsnowdonia.info/things_to_do-10.aspx

Ah yes Wales :huh: .... all in all I would much prefer to be in Cornwall or the Lake District ;) :yes::lol:

Lots of sheep........Remember to take your wellie boots :thumbsup:

Lots of sheep........Remember to take your wellie boots :thumbsup:

And some mint sauce...

Ah yes Wales :huh: .... all in all I would much prefer to be in Cornwall or the Lake District ;) :yes::lol:

we went down to cornwall a few years ago ( sun holidays caravan ) at Hayle the weather was terrific and the beaches were nothing short than stunning ,as we got there early the caravan we were expecting wasnt ready and we were asked if we were interested in a upgrade ( tip ) take it as it only costs afew quid more and you are already getting a cheap holiday , we ended up a stone-throw from the clubhouse ( result )

first night there we won a bottle of wine for being the noisiest tabele lol all 4 of us !!!!!

absolutely loved cornwall

Pop in here for a brew on yer way through!

Loads of stuff to do

Black Rock Sands beach at Porthmadog

157.jpg

Port Meririon

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/

Llechwedd Slate Caverns

http://www.llechwedd...-caverns.co.uk/

Pwllheli and the Llyn Peninsula

pwllheli2.jpg

Lindop Toyota

Lindop Toyota :D: :D: :D:

We have been round there a few times earlier this year. Just remember a lot of places of interest are shut/ limited opening hours until end of March early April. Saying that its perfect for driving as there aren't too many people around. If you need a base for somewhere to stay I know a lovely little log cabin that isn't too expensive and has a really nice pub about 5 mins walk away.

I had a two week Haven holiday at Hafan Y Mor Holiday Park Pwllheli Gwynedd North, many moons ago when my kids were 11 and 5 respectively we were very fortunate with the weather as i recall because its known to rain a lot in wales or so we were told lol, but we must have timed it just right because we were treated to some glorious weather, wales has some of the most beautiful scenery and we found lots to do and see and Kingo :thumbsup: has highlighted a few of the places we visited such as Black Rock Sands beach at Porthmadog , Port Meririon , Cardigan bay Poppit beach where we were lucky enough to be treated to Bottle-Nosed dolphins playing in the bay, we visited Snowdonia mountain itself, where you can reach the summit by train but is subject to weather conditions, we also visited ELECTRIC MOUNTAIN LLANBERIS http://www.fhc.co.uk/electric_mountain.htm , also Welsh Highland Heritage Railway http://www.star-attractions.co.uk/attractions/whrp/whrp.htm to name but a few , and we even managed a trip to Dublin, we booked a day trip from our Haven site, which took us on a guided tour coach trip, first to Holyhead where we boarded the ferry to Ireland and visited a few places of interest such as and if i remember rightly County Wicklow where they filmed the TV Series Ballykissangel, we stopped there for an hour or so, had a pint of Guinness in the pub ( first things first :lol: ) visited the souvenir shop and had a general good look around where the series was filmed, we then moved on to Dublin where we were left to spend the day as we wished, my family and i wandered around taking in views of the Liffey, did some shopping and ended up in a bistro type restaurant in Soho where we had a meal, then had a good look around before meeting back at the coach in the early evening and were then taken to a family pub on the outskirts of Dublin where we spent a further hour drinking yet more guinness, soft drinks for the children of course, before boarding the coach back to the ferry terminal and onward's back to our Holiday Park in Pwllheli.

All in all we had a great time in North Wales ( plus Dublin lol ) there's loads to see and do, so go with confidence and enjoy.... fingers crossed for the weather :lol::thumbsup:

Come to beautiful Ireland for the Holiday of a lifetime :thumbsup:

Our currency is the Euro, but I suppose we'll accept your Sterling :lol2:

Seriously, give us some thought :g:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links