Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiring Folding Mirrors

CharlieFarlie

I'm not sure if I asked this before but is it possible to wire the power folding mirrors on My Rav so they fold in when the doors are locked ? The ones on My Jag do just this and they re un fold when the doors are un locked ?? In fact most of the cars I've had with Powerfold mirrors do the above ..... Thanks.

Wee Charlie.

Yep agree with you Charlie,gets boring searching for the fold button in the dark,coz its not illuminated,hope someone comes up with a nice easy fix on this 1..... :eek:

I'm not sure if I asked this before but is it possible to wire the power folding mirrors on My Rav so they fold in when the doors are locked ? The ones on My Jag do just this and they re un fold when the doors are un locked ?? In fact most of the cars I've had with Powerfold mirrors do the above ..... Thanks.

Wee Charlie.

Wonder if one of THESE would work for the RAV :unsure:

I knew We could rely on Dave to come up with the links !! That looks like it could work Mate !! All We need now is a spark ??

Wee Charlie.

I knew We could rely on Dave to come up with the links !! That looks like it could work Mate !! All We need now is a spark ??

Wee Charlie.

Here's ONE that says it's specifcally for the RAV - has auto tilt for reversing too. No idea which model it fits though auto box shown...........

Ah, no, it was THIS one that shows the auto box :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

Minimum order 200, Charlie....what will we do with the other 198....?

Big Kev. :unsure:

Wee Charlie.

Minimum order 200, Charlie....what will we do with the other 198....?

Big Kev. :unsure:

The Bay of eeees :unsure:

You need shcm. I'm sure he has commented on this before.

You'll be wanting the doors shut automatically next :rolleyes:

I quite enjoy my little stroll, after locking the doors,around my obsolete RAV and pushing in my mirrors :rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbsup: and I get to do the reverse when I want to use the old girl again ;) :D

Del

You'll be wanting the doors shut automatically next :rolleyes:

Corrrr That would be a good idea !! Any ideas as to how We could set it up ????

Wee Charlie.

Yeah, I think I did. It's on here somewhere......really don't have the motivation to think about it at the moment.

Charlie - does the Jag have a manual override for mirror folding/unfolding? i.e. I can think of situations (like a very tight garage), where on unlocking and/or starting the engine, I would not want the mirrors to auto fold out.

Yeah, I think I did. It's on here somewhere......really don't have the motivation to think about it at the moment.

Charlie - does the Jag have a manual override for mirror folding/unfolding? i.e. I can think of situations (like a very tight garage), where on unlocking and/or starting the engine, I would not want the mirrors to auto fold out.

Yes it does .. Just a wee button like the one We have on the Rav to operate them....

Wee Charlie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links