Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removal Of Rear Light Clusters

adie360

I have just purchased a set of lovely crome rear light guides.

Just been informed i have to remove the rear light clusters to fit them, also been told this is not easy and may involve taking out some of the trim panels.

Can anybody help or offer some tips please?

You mean these? They just stick over the lense;

Rear%20Light%20protectors%20PZ415-X0994-za_zb.pdf

If you are right on this, Anchs, I will be emailing Shaun McWardude for a loan of wan of his dugs to sit at the back of wife's Granite Chrome Enclustered Lights.....have you seen the price of these to replace....?

Sleepless Kev :thumbsup:

You mean these? They just stick over the lense;

Rear%20Light%20protectors%20PZ415-X0994-za_zb.pdf

Hi Anchorman,

Wish i had seen those one's first. These are the one's i have purchased from eBay.

I rang the company and they confirmed that i have to take the lights out to fit them.

post-113379-0-89100400-1318856547_thumb.

I don't seem to have a pdf for the rear lights. However, it is usually a case of undoing 4 nuts on the back of the unit. Most manuals would suggest removing the rear side panels inside the boot but I would try getting at them by feel through the bulb change apertures first.

I had these things fitted to number 1 when it was brand new in 1994 - fitted at the factory??

The offside one fell off so I had to purchais another pair at some cost. The offside one fell off again so I gave up. The nearside one is still on after 17 years and I still have a nearside spare somewhere. On the 4.1, the rear cluster comes off after removing a wee metal cover then 2 screws. I know that cos I've just changed a bulb on number 2.

I don't seem to have a pdf for the rear lights. However, it is usually a case of undoing 4 nuts on the back of the unit. Most manuals would suggest removing the rear side panels inside the boot but I would try getting at them by feel through the bulb change apertures first.

Hi, Thanks for that i'll give it a go, first stop buy a haynes manual.

I had these things fitted to number 1 when it was brand new in 1994 - fitted at the factory??

The offside one fell off so I had to purchais another pair at some cost. The offside one fell off again so I gave up. The nearside one is still on after 17 years and I still have a nearside spare somewhere. On the 4.1, the rear cluster comes off after removing a wee metal cover then 2 screws. I know that cos I've just changed a bulb on number 2.

Many thanks for the help, i will give it a go, i'm not the most mechanical minded person but i will try anything once, but really dont fancy pulling all the trim off!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links