Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Sunroof

barrycoll

This might show why your insurance company need to say that the fitting of the sun roof is OK when it is to an iQ.

No doubt the Sun Roof manufacturing company know their stuff.

I have cut roofs & fitted their Sun roofs and others,

just never had to weaken a Safety Cell to do it.

george

Hi George

Well I can see 1 possibly 2 tie's that might have to go. Bow to the expert George, Your far more experienced than me in things like this. Still wondering where they get their power feed from. Nice chassis picture.

David

I will look a bit closer next time i am checking one out at the breakers.

There are the two airbags running along the side of the roof.

Seen these having gone off, never seen an interior roof panel removed yet.

george

I remember having seen pictures of a stripped Shell getting a cage fitted, cant remember if it was the Fensport car,

will try and find those pics.

possibly it was PP Cages work.

http://www.fensport.co.uk

This GRMN Racing cage is not up to much, more just show IMO.

george

Having compared the picture from the Webasto website and the one posted by George. It looks like the sunroof is fitted in the middle between the two cross beams. Line up the back edge of the sunroof opening with the door edge and the do the same comparison with the picture of the iQs Shell. I'am sure a good sunroof manufacturer would not be having people cut strengthening beams.

As to the warranty side of it, if your worry is about having the roof skin cut and are worried about the rust warranty? If it is installed by an approved installer, then surely that is the same as having some accident damage repaired by an approved body shopunsure.gif

You are probably right mark. Having a feel when puting the cable in it didnt seem far from the hole of the light fitting. I will look tomorrow by just pulling off the rubber around the door and peeking in the lining. It just seemed to me the cover where the buttons were was very close to the light fitting

David

It seems that the general consensus re a Webasto roof, is general now one of approval...

some members knowledge of the motor industry is very impressive, and it is good to read this stuff, rather than 'feelings' or 'hearsay'...

its good to read that Webasto, as a company, are still in existence, although probably a far cry from the one that fitted sliding roofs in the 1960s...

I am planning a fitment to my 09 IQ, and am wondering if anybody else like minded?????????

cheers to all barryc.

Well Barry If its a sun roof you want, The pictures look great and if i was having one I would have that one. Don't forget to show us the Pic's mate

David

Yes... Barry...

As David postulates: "please some pic's"... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links