Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolant Top Up/buying?

zaffy

Hi all,

Ive had my Aygo one year tomorrow and it needs a service.

I know I need 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Oil but I also need a Coolant top up.

I believe its a long life coolant but does anyone know where I can buy a litre or two as the dealer says they only sell it in large quantities and its costly.

Could I not safely buy some long life coolant from a motor factors without harm.

Regards Andy.

Hi all,

Ive had my Aygo one year tomorrow and it needs a service.

I know I need 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Oil but I also need a Coolant top up.

I believe its a long life coolant but does anyone know where I can buy a litre or two as the dealer says they only sell it in large quantities and its costly.

Could I not safely buy some long life coolant from a motor factors without harm.

Regards Andy.

I bought 5lts of coolant from the main dealer for £21. Not to bad I thought for the pink stuff. You have to make sure that you're buying the right spec if its from a motor factors as there are so many different ones for different models of cars. Try eBay as I've seen some for sale there. :thumbsup:

I'd be investigating why it needs a coolant top up. Water pump failures are not unknown on Aygos and this could be the source of the problem.

I'd be investigating why it needs a coolant top up. Water pump failures are not unknown on Aygos and this could be the source of the problem.

Coolant loss......

Almost certainly the WATER PUMP.

Ian.

Thanks for the replies,

Ive checked the waterpump and surround and theres no sign of any leaking.

The coolant is only below max line by half to three quarters of a litre so must be just general loss from evaporation-my zafira is just the same.

Regards Andy.

It's strange the dealer says that, 1 litre bottles are available. Have you tried another dealer, even just to check it is available in that size elsewhere. It's available on Ebay(Pentagon Toyota) at around £6/litre delivered and £21/5 litre delivered.

Personally I'd use the "genuine" stuff.

mrpj thanks for the tip, following from mistermena's tip I shall be checking eBay tonight or tomorrow evening and thanks to you I shall look for Pentagon Toyota .

My Aygo has been perfect over the last year(God forbid not!) and like I say if my other and previous cars are anything to go by then a small amount of coolant loss should be normal, the car is used a lot even for family outings as its soooo cheap.

Thanks for your support/help guys, much appreciated.

BTW Am I correct with 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Oil??, If so any particular brand??, I'm happy to pay extra for good stuff.

Regards Andy.

mrpj thanks for the tip, following from mistermena's tip I shall be checking ebay tonight or tomorrow evening and thanks to you I shall look for Pentagon Toyota .

My Aygo has been perfect over the last year(God forbid not!) and like I say if my other and previous cars are anything to go by then a small amount of coolant loss should be normal, the car is used a lot even for family outings as its soooo cheap.

Thanks for your support/help guys, much appreciated.

BTW Am I correct with 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Oil??, If so any particular brand??, I'm happy to pay extra for good stuff.

Regards Andy.

On eBay atm you can buy 10ltr of Mobil 1 ESP (C2/C3 spec) for £56. eBay Item number: 160668903721

I've bought for this guy b4 and its a very good deal indeed. The last time I purchased from the seller (About 1 month ago) he also gave me a 1ltr bottle of ESP for free! Great seller :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi bud thanks for the tip, Ive found him on eBay but looking at it and thinking really I cannot justify buying 10 litres so I'm going to see if maybe I can get 5 litres instead althoughI spoke to my father in law earlier and he said he put in his Aygo 5W30 fully synthetic Mobil Super 3000!!, anyone know what this is like??, is it any good or should I really pay the premium for the Mobil 1 ??.

Also could anyone please please give me a listing number for the Pentagon Toyota Coolant listing as I just cannot seem to find it despite searching for the last hour.

Also(again-sorry), cars done just under 40k and is a 2006 reg, for the service I was going to get Oil, oil filter,air filter, pollen filter and spark plugs, is there anything else to replace or do??, brakes will be checked and actioned as needed.

Thankyou all for your help, it really is appreciated,

Regards Andy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links