Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installing Cold Air Induction Kit

3timmi

Okay, Im having a problem with installing a cold air feed induction kit.

After removing all the piping and cabling from the air filter box, I rigged the induction kit up, and attached the Air flow sensor thing. After which i thought this was job done. Once i started the ignition, the engine sounded like it was chocking from not getting enough air.

I tried wiring each of the pipes from the air filter box up to the induction pipe where there was an extra attachment space, but still no success.

Can anyone help or tell me why this is happening?

Sounds like you've connected up a pipe wrong or left one disconnected/leaking. As the problem you describe sounds like an air leak.

Do all the pipes you remove from the air filter box need to be reconnected to the induction kit?

Hi,

Which kit have you got? and is your Celica a vvt-i or vvtl-i? It sounds like you have not capped off the outlet on the side of the engine block - see below. Also did you make sure you disconnected the Battery - this is done to reset the ECU to allow it to adjust to the new intake. But my money is on a vacuum leak. If we are on a vvt-i the setup is simple. There should be the intake pipe connected to the throttle body with a filter on the end. The MAF sensor should have a snug fit within the new intake pipe, there is normally an outlet on the new intake pipe which can be capped off using the orignal rubber cap from the airbox, lastly the pipe that ran from the engine block can be blocked up using a nice fitting screw or if provided replace with the small rubber cap. The link below details the vvtl-i:

CAI install

Do all the pipes you remove from the air filter box need to be reconnected to the induction kit?

They need to be connected to something. If you have a pipe not connected to somewhere and just dangling thats your problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links