Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Go Iphone Music Connectivity

aygo_ando

Hello,

Im hoping someone can help as ive searched the forums and cant seem to find an answer. Ive just taken delivery of an Aygo Go 61 plate and was told i could play music from my ipod/iphone with the built in connection lead. I have an iPhone 3GS, ive read all the manuals and connected my phone via the ipod cable in the glove box, it starts to charge the phone and also shows up on the tom tom screen that it has detected 365 songs and 2 videos (whilst still displaying the sat nav routing screen), however the manual says you then select the CD/Aux button and playback should start but nothing happens on mine, ive tried turning up the volume full whack, nothing, ive tried pressing the 'mode' button, nothing, ive tried pressing the 'scr' button to display the audio screen but nothing it just stays as the sat nav route screen, ive tried to press play on the actual phone but you cannot access the controls while it connected you just get a screen saying 'accessory connected'.....

Does anyone know if im doing something wrong? Or if iPhone 3GS is just not compatible? However i think it should be as the screen does say it has detected the songs? Also someone else has posted that they have got their 4S working with it.

Im totally new to this forum and Toyota and Aygos so any help would be very much appreciated.

I have however successfully managed to pair my iPhone for bluetooh use for calls!! :)

Thanks in advance x

That happened with mine the 1st time I used it.

If you press the cd/aux button the cd will play. Press again and the iPod should play.

The connection I find quite temperamental but bear with it. It should work

The wife has a 3gs and that works fine, plug it in, loads the tracks then the cd aux button, once or twice then the button on the tom tom to change the display. I did find once that with in the tom tom screen you had to select the correct playist. It will work, just play with it.

Thank you both for the replies, im gladly reassured that the 3GS should at least work then and its not a compatibility problem, therefore i will have another play tomorrow and see if i have anymore luck. Thanks

Oh have you tried the screen button on the side of the tomtom. I vaguely remember I did something about that :s

Hello again, Ive tried all of the above suggestions and still nothing. Called toyota today and they suggest i do the latest software update for my iPhone. Im not convinced this will help as i previously mentioned it is picking the phone up as it charges and says how many songs detected but just no sound or audio screen. Ive not updated the sofeware on my 3GS since i bought it. Anyone with an old 3GS software managed to get it to work? Id rather not update as friends that have now have slow and sluggish working iphones!

Hiya,

I had a little trouble to start with (iPhone 4s)

Make sure you follow these steps

Plug in Phone

Open Sat Nav Screen

You should see it say connected to your iPhone (if you setup bluetooth)

Then after about 20-30 seconds it'll say found 35 songs (or however many you got)

once its 100% complete you should be able to press the CD / AUX button and it should then start playing them

I do still have my old 3gs running 4.3.3 (jailbroken)

is this the version you have? if so i'll give it a try and see if it works for me on that phone

Hiya,

I had a little trouble to start with (iphone 4s)

Make sure you follow these steps

Plug in Phone

Open Sat Nav Screen

You should see it say connected to your iPhone (if you setup bluetooth)

Then after about 20-30 seconds it'll say found 35 songs (or however many you got)

once its 100% complete you should be able to press the CD / AUX button and it should then start playing them

I do still have my old 3gs running 4.3.3 (jailbroken)

is this the version you have? if so i'll give it a try and see if it works for me on that phone

Thanks so much for the replies, I've finally got it working! I updated my software last night but also importantly followed the steps above 'to plug the iPhone in before opening up the Tom Tom' which I think might be the trick to it working along with the upgrade so thanks so much! :)

Hello,

Im hoping someone can help as ive searched the forums and cant seem to find an answer. Ive just taken delivery of an Aygo Go 61 plate and was told i could play music from my ipod/iphone with the built in connection lead. I have an iphone 3GS, ive read all the manuals and connected my phone via the ipod cable in the glove box, it starts to charge the phone and also shows up on the tom tom screen that it has detected 365 songs and 2 videos (whilst still displaying the sat nav routing screen), however the manual says you then select the CD/Aux button and playback should start but nothing happens on mine, ive tried turning up the volume full whack, nothing, ive tried pressing the 'mode' button, nothing, ive tried pressing the 'scr' button to display the audio screen but nothing it just stays as the sat nav route screen, ive tried to press play on the actual phone but you cannot access the controls while it connected you just get a screen saying 'accessory connected'.....

Does anyone know if im doing something wrong? Or if iphone 3GS is just not compatible? However i think it should be as the screen does say it has detected the songs? Also someone else has posted that they have got their 4S working with it.

Im totally new to this forum and Toyota and Aygos so any help would be very much appreciated.

I have however successfully managed to pair my iphone for bluetooh use for calls!! :)

Thanks in advance x

youve done it all right, and you cant access your phone whilst it is connected, you shouldnt have to though, on the tom tom the two buttons on the left, if you press the bottom button (cant remember what it reads) press that after pressing CD, not sure if you have to press that for it to work, but thats the only thing you didnt mention you did so its worth a try, if not take it to your dealer, sounds like its either not compatible or a fault (the button i mentioned also brings up a list of songs and you can select from the tomtom what you want to play and shuffle/repeat etc) :) took mine back the other day cos the screen gets stuck whilst in a play list, they said its cos my ipod is old! lol they tried a new ipod and the screen doesnt freeze!

Hello,

Im hoping someone can help as ive searched the forums and cant seem to find an answer. Ive just taken delivery of an Aygo Go 61 plate and was told i could play music from my ipod/iphone with the built in connection lead. I have an iphone 3GS, ive read all the manuals and connected my phone via the ipod cable in the glove box, it starts to charge the phone and also shows up on the tom tom screen that it has detected 365 songs and 2 videos (whilst still displaying the sat nav routing screen), however the manual says you then select the CD/Aux button and playback should start but nothing happens on mine, ive tried turning up the volume full whack, nothing, ive tried pressing the 'mode' button, nothing, ive tried pressing the 'scr' button to display the audio screen but nothing it just stays as the sat nav route screen, ive tried to press play on the actual phone but you cannot access the controls while it connected you just get a screen saying 'accessory connected'.....

Does anyone know if im doing something wrong? Or if iphone 3GS is just not compatible? However i think it should be as the screen does say it has detected the songs? Also someone else has posted that they have got their 4S working with it.

I have however successfully managed to pair my iphone for bluetooh use for calls!! :)

Thanks in advance x

youve done it all right, and you cant access your phone whilst it is connected, you shouldnt have to though, on the tom tom the two buttons on the left, if you press the bottom button (cant remember what it reads) press that after pressing CD, not sure if you have to press that for it to work, but thats the only thing you didnt mention you did so its worth a try, if not take it to your dealer, sounds like its either not compatible or a fault (the button i mentioned also brings up a list of songs and you can select from the tomtom what you want to play and shuffle/repeat etc) :) took mine back the other day cos the screen gets stuck whilst in a play list, they said its cos my ipod is old! lol they tried a new ipod and the screen doesnt freeze!

and sorry for my random reply...there were no replies showing up when i replied this morning haha so i wrote back thinking i mite b able to help, i now see there are quite a lot of replies and you have it working lol sorry

No problem, however you may still be able to help as I now have a new issue! Since I've upgraded my phone to the new software the music system is working fine but now my bluetooth won't automatically connect when I get in the car! I have to re pair it each time which is a bit of a pain as it connected automatically before the upgrade. On looking in some Apple forums it appears this may be more of a problem with the new Apple software. Anyone else have this problem? I have an iPhone 3GS with the most recent software upgrade since the new 4S was released.

Thanks

There should be an option on the tomtom to automatically connect (I think)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links