Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tinny Rattle Type Noise?

grinner82

The Aygo, has a tinny rattle type noise at idle, sounds similar to exhaust heat shield, but its not. Its in the engine bay somewhere. usually after the engine warms up and idles, its not constant, just at a certain rev it will buzz/rattle for about 5-10 secs then stop. If you have not heard it you will have no idea what I am talking about, just thought someone may have had something similar?? Kingo? Thanks again!

Not sure how helpful it'll be but I had a similar problem on my old car (granted this was a '98 micra! lol)

the rattling got really bad and ended up being constant whenever idle

turns out it was the exhaust bracket which runs down centre of the car, it was close to the engine but when in drivers seat it does sound like its coming from the engine

the bracket was a bit loose causing it to rattle the exaust

might be an option to explore :)

The wife had a micra years ago, that had the micra rattle too!. Dont think its that, but thanks. someone said it might be the clutch spring, only seems to do it when cold, from start up after a few minutes. After an hour driving and back idle its quite and I cant make it do it!

The wife had a micra years ago, that had the micra rattle too!. Dont think its that, but thanks. someone said it might be the clutch spring, only seems to do it when cold, from start up after a few minutes. After an hour driving and back idle its quite and I cant make it do it!

not sure if you saw my post further down asking about a similar thing ie a tapping/rattly noise when I press the clutch peddle right to the bottom...havent got a reply but did spend most of friday night googling aygo clutch problems and came to the conclusion that my noise is either the clutch bearing plate or the clutch strap cover. Anyway had it to our local garage yesterday and it is going for a strip down yesterday and possibly looking at a whole new clutch :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

hope you find out what your noise is...

not sure if you saw my post further down asking about a similar thing ie a tapping/rattly noise when I press the clutch peddle right to the bottom...havent got a reply but did spend most of friday night googling aygo clutch problems and came to the conclusion that my noise is either the clutch bearing plate or the clutch strap cover. Anyway had it to our local garage yesterday and it is going for a strip down yesterday and possibly looking at a whole new clutch :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

hope you find out what your noise is...

My 55 plate Aygo was in getting MOT today, and asked Toyota to look at the rattling/squealy noise it makes when idling and their response was the clutch spring. They also suggested a new clutch to rectify! Much to my dismay, because Toyota actually replaced the entire clutch in June 2009 costing me approx £700. Not a good selling point for Aygo if need a new clutch every couple of years!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links