Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Disadvantage Of Ow-20 Oil?

monya

Castrol protects better?. who says so,Castrol does,well they would.more of the magnetic oil rubbish claims.

Do they still make Castrol? I thought that went out with the 80's!!

Just being cautious, not having started it for a month. Frankly I'm glad it wasn't rolling when the engine came on - probably would've wet meself :blink:

:rolleyes:

Do they still make Castrol? I thought that went out with the 80's!!

OK Grumps, I offer what I thought was worth a try to help stop ya knocking motor and it gets ridiculed.

Fair enough, your on your own from now on bud ! :lol:

• Like 1

Castrol recommends Edge 5W-30 for the Gen III. Do not touch with the proverbial bargepole. Unless you want your mpg to drop significantly.

It's OK for the Gen II of course.

BTW, Toyota lists 0w-20 as OK for the Gen II. Has anyone tried it, and has it improved mpg figures?

Castrol recommends Edge 5W-30 for the Gen III.

Do not touch with the proverbial bargepole. Unless of course you want your mpg to drop significantly.

Do you not think that your post above is somewhat going over the same ground as discussed at length in other topics?

I've only had this rough start once in 18 months and the noise lasted less than 5 seconds. I can't recall the ambient temperature, but I remember it was after moving the car the night before, from cold with a low HV Battery and the engine started but didn't complete its first warm up cycle before I turned it off.

Any time I move it now I always press EV to prevent the engine starting. If the HV Battery is too low for EV and the engine starts up, I let the engine run it's first warm up before I switch off. It's not started rough since.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links