Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Dented

henry#

Hi Everyone, My Misses drove my gen 3 prius and when she came back she noticed a dent in the back door, I was not happy :censor: Just wondered if it was best to take it to Toyota to repair it,Or a dent repair shop or another garage?

Your choice, but I would only use a Toyota dealer or a Toyota approved repairer, especially for a Prius or other Hybrid.

Although for non-hybrid aftermarket work like tyres, dents, etc. a trip to Mr T is not essential. I know the search feature is a bit naff but I am sure that dent removal has come up before.

if it's not mechanically related then any good reputable bodyshop will be able to fix it cheaper than Mr T

Had you thought of checking out a smart repair if the damage is not to much ! your Toyota dealer could arrange this for you if you prefer at a fraction of the price for a full bodyshop repair and much quicker

Cost could be as low as £100

Hi I would use a good body repair shop some dealers do not have a body shop so they palm it out anyway

• Like 1

Does the firm "CHIPS AWAY" remove small dents in body work? I seem to recall the local franchise chap came to a neighbour and repaired some small dents and chips. "Chips Away" are in yellow pages and they come to your home.Worth an inquiry.

Does the firm "CHIPS AWAY" remove small dents in body work? I seem to recall the local franchise chap came to a neighbour and repaired some small dents and chips. "Chips Away" are in yellow pages and they come to your home.Worth an inquiry.

I agree with Chris, Chips Away are excellent. The local Toyota dealer to me just uses a smart repair chap for minor dents too, adding their own commission to his fee, as do most dealers now. Unless it's a definite body shop repair that's needed, I'd give them a call and a couple of others. They'll all give you a quote (not estimate) before you give the go ahead.

Hi Everyone, My Misses drove my gen 3 prius and when she came back she noticed a dent in the back door, I was not happy :censor: Just wondered if it was best to take it to Toyota to repair it,Or a dent repair shop or another garage?

I agree with other posters who have advised checking with dent removal companies first. There's a national franchise company called Revive - I've used them a few times for scratches (blasted garage door opening not wide enough!) and they were terrific. They also do dent removal. They come to your house to do the work.

HTH

B&J

Hi, the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago when my wife turned too sharply into our Cul-De-Sac, catching the nearside rear of the car on the gate post (Women Drivers :censor: but that's another issue :lol: )

Anyhow is the paint work damaged ?, if not i would contact Dent devils, simply take a picture of the damage then email it to them and they will get back to you if they think its repairable. That's exactly what i did, a guy from Dent Devils turned up at an agreed time and removed the dent with any fuss... i defy anyone to tell where the dent was, from my experience these guys are brilliant and i recommend them without hesitation :thumbsup:

You may be a little surprised by Toyotas prices. My wife caught a gate post while driving into a church yard at 2 mph. The damage was a scrape along two doors. As I had a £325 excess and I wanted a good job, Toyota did it in their bodyshop. They said it needed two doorskins, etc etc etc. With vat £2,500. YES £2,500.

They resprayed that side, but one can't help feeling there was a bit of supplier induced demand.

It looks like new and is a perfect job; and it has the full Toyota body guarentee, but if it wasn't insurance, I'd go elsewhere.

My wife caught a gate post while driving into a church yard at 2 mph. The damage was a scrape along two doors.

LOL, "caught a gate post" quite a catch to scrape along two doors. :eek::lol:

I see "Just caught the gatepost" damage every single day of my life, we do our own dent / smart repairs, but there is a limit to what can have a smart repair

If I had a quid for everytime I heard the "A man has bumped my car but he is going to pay" statement I would be making this comment from my Caribbean hideaway :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links