Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4D Mmt Tuning?

b1ackb1rd

Greetings All,

Opinions please ... My mother has an 07 Yaris Zinc D4D with the appalling MMT gearbox, has anyone on these pages had a similar car remapped?

Not interested in max power, nor max economy ... did the remap make the car nicer/easier to drive? Did it improve the gear change quality?

Or should we simply chop it in for a Jazz CVT ?

Dave

I don't think a remap would help... have you tried the "Disconnect the Battery for a few mins to reset the MMT ECU" trick?

Apparently it's helped a few Aygo MMT owners.

Another (alleged) workaround is to drive it in manual mode and change gears yourself. (Or herself in your case :))

Might be worth checking with Toyota to see if the firmware upgrade that fixes the MMT on the Auris has filtered down to the Yaris yet too; Apparently it made it a zillion times better on the Auris :lol:

That's probably quite a long shot tho'...

Be a pity to get rid of it; The car itself is great (I have a manual D4D and it's great fun :D Is the Mk1 tho', not the Mk2.)

whenever i get a jerky clunky mmt in at work i reset it all on the tester, if you put it in drive and let your foot of the brake it should creep forward like an automatic, if it doesnt do it as soon as you let your foot off the brake then it needs reset/setup with the tester, only a 15min job but only a toyotas tester will do it, as the clutch wears it makes it clunky, hope this helps!

Cyker - yes tried those tricks after reading thru other threads on here.

I'm fairly experienced with this sort of gearbox as I've had 4 smart city coupes over the years ... I thought THAT gearbox was awful, this MMT is much much worse.

The smart became much easier to drive and the quality of the gear change improved no end with a remap, and tweeks to the air intake. The car became more positive off tickover, something to do with the increased stomp in the low end of the rev scale made the Smart gearchange more decisive. I was hoping this may work on the Yaris too.

Liam - I'll give the car a whirl at the weekend and check if it creeps, many thanks for this suggestion.

More experiences welcomed, anyone out there remapped a D4D MMT ?

I should add I used to own a mk1 Yaris D4D, I fitted a tuning box which made a huge improvement in power and economy.

A man of good taste :D

(I'm not biased at all.... :unsure: :D)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links