Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint Coming Away! Warranty Doesnt Cover?

igo-ugo-wego

I posted earlier on this but to expand.

I drove my Aygo one week after getting it in 2011 on a 400 mile round trip. The car had 16 miles on it and had sat in the showroom before this.

By the time I got there the paint inside both rear arches was gone and they were black.

I mentioned it at the first service and was told "they all do that, the paint is thin".

I asked again at the next service and a guy "inspected" it there and then and agreed to repaint it. When the car was in for repaint the garage asked me if black stone chip paint would be OK, and I agreed as long as it didn't spread to the surface. Thinking back now I think that meant they used a couple of rattle cans and did it in the workshop instead of a proper paint job but I always had the option of complaining again I suppose.

The rattle can stone paint did indeed come off but I gave up at that point as the surface paint was fine.

I did check underneath my Aygo and it was rusty in a few places - the seems between panels mainly. Nothing much to worry about but annoying.

Anyway I traded it about a month ago so it is now an SEP - Somebody Else's Problem.

First time I power hosed under the rear arches of my orange Aygo the paint started to come off the inside of the bumper. It annoyed me at first but I noticed it was the same story on a courtesy Aygo I had when mine was being serviced.

Like others have said it is not harmful to the car as the bumper is plastic, more just an eye sore to us fussier people! I don't really worry about it anymore. The Aygo is a good car overall, cheaply made but cheap to own.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links