Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Audio - Double Din Stereo Rav4

chrisd8

Please help, im looking to change my standard head unit to a double din stereo, can anyone recommend any? I was looking at the Pioneer avh p4300dvd?

The Pioneers are good. I like the look of the Blaupunkt New York 800 World imported from Germany for about £350.

Please help, im looking to change my standard head unit to a double din stereo, can anyone recommend any? I was looking at the Pioneer avh p4300dvd?

Hi Chris,

I have fitted a Sony XNV-L77BT in place of the standard Toyota unit in my XT5. The unit is great - far more intuitive than the original unit and has a TomTom navigation. This is on a small separate module that fits in the "pocket" behind the cup holders. The module is removed ( unplugged ) and connected to the PC to update the maps which seems to happen about 4 times/year. The "BT" in the model name is for bluetooth and it pairs effortlessly with a whole range of BT phones. The only thing I would consider doing differently if I had to repeat the change is go for a non-BT unit and fit a separate Parrot BT kit for the phone as that would allow the use of the phone buttons on the steering wheel. The audio buttons on the steering wheel work fine, but there is no way that I can find that allows the phone buttons to work. It is not really a problem as the phone is easily accessed from the touchscreen. Everything was just plug in (with Connects2 adaptors) and switch on. Excellent manual as well.

make sure you get a fascia kit as the toyota radio's are wider then the double din radio's what you can see here;

kenwood7200-02.jpg

For a 2008 they do sell units like this. Whether or not the software/internals are any good is another thing. Most have good plastics though.

toyota-rav4-oem-upgrade-dvd-gps-sat-nav-bt-easy-fit-media-system.jpg

For a 2008 they do sell units like this. Whether or not the software/internals are any good is another thing. Most have good plastics though.

toyota-rav4-oem-upgrade-dvd-gps-sat-nav-bt-easy-fit-media-system.jpg

On that subject does anybody Know what/if there are differences between 2006 and 2008 models in terms of radio fitting?

several models ive seen say 2008 onwards?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links