Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

15" On An Aygo?

sean1965

Hi, I'm not new to the forum, just the Aygo section. I am in the middle of swapping my 03 Yaris for an 09 Aygo at the local main dealers. However, despite being the Blue and having a good spec, I am dismayed that it has the steel wheels. I have asked if I can swap my 15" alloys off my Yaris ( genuine Toyota) they aren't sure that it can be done, but to oblige me they are swapping them over on Wednesday to check there is no fouling anywhere. Having read the Q&A section on here is states there is no problem with the 15" on 195's. Does anyone on this forum know of any reason why it should be an issue? Cheers

Would it make any difference to the calibration of the speedo with the different size ?

Very marginal I would think. it didn't much diff on my Yaris and that was on 14"s to start with. I was more concerned about the arches and steering lock etc.

So are we saying yes to fitting 15" wheels to an Aygo? I am off to the main dealer tomorrow and they are going to swap my wheels over to try but it would be nice if I could have some additional confirmation from the club, if possible.

I think if you fit 195/45 to 15" wheels, the rolling circumference is virtually identical, certainly no more difference than between new and worn tyres.

As for rubbing, I can't comment as I haven't done it but I'm sure there are plenty of people that have without any issues.

This was pretty much my thought. I can't see a problem unless the dealer has a really officious workshop manager.

Hmm, where'd my post go?!

Anyway, summary: Only thing to be wary of is that Aygo wheels use conical bolts while Yaris wheels use flat-face bolts.

(This is how/why I got my current wheels off PaulT :D)

Okay thanks. Let's see what happens tomorrow. The standard steel wheels look naff though.

Update...confirmed main dealer workshop staff are just fitters and know sod all. Well my local one anyway. I was met with they wont fit as one is studs the other bolts. Shouldn't make a difference I woldn't think.It's the wheels that are being changed. Workshop bloke's answer to whether or not they would fit over these studs was, 'I dunno.' Didn't even have enough gumption to say, hang on sir I will go and find out. Is this typical of the attitude of workshop staff? God I hope not. They agreed to discount the price of new 14" alloys which still look crap and have a limited range of tyre availability. Not happy. Will be on the phone tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links