Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

87 Celica Gt-s.. Any Suggestions?

DelinquentMinx

i am wondering what should i do when i rebuild my celica's motor. either i can leave it stock or beef it up with a turbo and all that happy stuff. but one major thing i hate about this is, is it worth the money i'll put into it, or not. and i also need to know whats the bhp of a stock 3s-ge motor for my celica, i'm new to this so help me out

The way i look at it is that if you do this sort of thing to a '87 car the chances are that you'll only get a fraction of your money back.

For example lets say your car is perfect all round but your engine has 200,000 km. That would make you car go for mabey $6000 if your lucky, and get the right buyer.

Lets say you put $3000-4000 and rebuild the engine which would take it back almost to new right. Your car would now go for around $7500-8000. Therefore you lose $1500+ if you sell the car. So for that reason NO its not worth the money.

But lets say you plan on keeping the car, you love the shape, and love your car. Then in that case another $4000 is a healthy investment into your baby. That how i look at it.

Your other option of course is that you sell your car and get a Jap Spec GT-4 with low as km's/miles and your home free.

well... i put it out near the road for sale the other day and had about 10 people stop and ask about it, so it might be getting sold got a gt-4... i had thought about getting a toyota supra or something like that, but they're too expensive, and some people dont like other people to have one. if i do rebuild the engine in my celica, i will keep it, but then if i dont... i'll try and sell it. the car as it stands right now is probably worth 1600 if that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links