Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Avensis Obervations

cabcurtains

Hi All,

I am in an Avensis TR with Nav, having not driven one for 12yrs its been a while. I really like it compared with the Hyundai IX-35 i had its a revelation for a high mileage driver.

I feel the need to pass some comments;

Positive's

Nice Driving Position

Great Refinement

Feels so well made i.e solid

Drives well

Superb Reversing Camera (Picture Quality)

Gear change is nicely weighted

Main Beam Good

Negatives

Ergonomics - the Sat Nav unit is so unintuitive as is the phone and stereo and the writing is so small you can’t read it, the handbrake button is a stretch, the cruise control switches are out of the ark

Fuel Economy, 42MPG where my Passat would do 50 and the Hyundai 45, very average

Lack of Torque & Heavy Weight, makes for a lack of low rev grunt, boost the engine Mr T

Dipped Beam, rubbish

Climate Control, the Auto function is useless and takes ages for any heat

Overall i like it, in black with blacked out windows, looks like a hearse!

Agree with almost all your comments except the cruise control switch which I like.

The keyless ignition I love now I have got used to it although there are a few idiosyncrasies.

Agree with almost all your comments except the cruise control switch which I like.

The keyless ignition I love now I have got used to it although there are a few idiosyncrasies.

I have the new style T4 tourer. I would generally agree with the comments except that I also have no real complaint with the cruise control which I find easy to use. More of an issue is the push button hand brake which is a bit of a stretch and distrusted as an unnecessary complication with heavy costs to fix should it go wrong. I also think Toyota's costs for updating the Sat Nav (In my case HD) are way way over the top. I am loving the heated seats as it gets colder and the reversing camera but ideally would like front and rear beepers as well - yes you can manage without and for years I did but such aids are a joy when trying to park a large car in parking spaces which seem to get smaller (or is that my age?)

Peter

The cruise control switch is functional and works fine but its the same as our Verso which an old design, VW's stalk allows either 5mph or 1mph increments and has an on screen display for the speed setting. I suppose it depends what your used to using :)

This car doesnt have keyless so i have to make do with a non-folding key that has buttons on it, someone tell Mr T its 2011 not 1995! :lol:

Does the Avensis have any kind of autohold when stopping? It does disengage the handbrake when the clutch is released which is a bit like autohold i.e auto release. I should read the manual but i cant be find the time...

Parking Spaces dont get any bigger but your car does every time a new model comes out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links