Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Steering Leak!

zecand

while the bus is still struggling on the erratic idling.. the power steering hose went loose and down the bus went.. T_T ..

it seems the bus power steering hoses below are modified. the screws are not the same as the with the manual.. it is completely different.. the nut.. and all.. i tried to re-modify the tubes but non-theless failed.. is there any suggestion?

what would you prefer?

1. to take off all the tubes and re-modify it from the stem of the steering shaft?

2. take off the nuts and mold it as one tube from the shaft to the other end?

help needed again.. sorry folks.

• 2 weeks later...

just updating.. this is really interesting.. I have done all the works!

the metal pipe of the power steering in an estima can be changed to a p.steering hose. (go to the nearest p.steering/hydraulic shop). - which made me think again because the mechanic that i got told me that it is incorrect to replace a metal pipe to a hose for it will play/move as you go left and right on your steering.. but not to these guys the the p.steering shop. they will identify and could make a different type of hose depending on what you need. the p.steering metal pipe is just below the propeler so it is really hard to replace it just like that. the shop take a look at the diagram and below the estima to check the details needed. Did some measuring of the angle and lenght. After 20mins they gave me the finish product. it is about 16inch long hydraulic, half inch thick hose that goes around the propeler and the links are bended to have them in correctly into place.

I was able to put the hose within 1hr and 30mins because one end of the hose is touching the alternator and there is no other way to make it not touch it. So, i ask some mechanic if the hose is ok to touch the alternator..and they said since it not that hot and not a moving part on an engine it is ok but check it once in a while just to make sure. lol. went back to finish the job and after several struggling and bumping the hose it finally went through! the other end is the easiest. :)

now the estima is working again and back to the old problem.. erractic idling.. tsk.tsk.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links