Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Driven Their Iq Abroad?

t1mmy

Hey...

As per the title really. We are going on a road trip next year in the IQ and one of the things we need to sort out is headlight light deflector thingies. I've had a look at the headlights and there don't appear to be any markings to use as a guide for the stick on solutions that you can buy from places like Halfords.

So if you have been abroad in your IQ what did you do about it?

All input is much appreciated.

Tim

Hey...

As per the title really. We are going on a road trip next year in the IQ and one of the things we need to sort out is headlight light deflector thingies. I've had a look at the headlights and there don't appear to be any markings to use as a guide for the stick on solutions that you can buy from places like Halfords.

So if you have been abroad in your IQ what did you do about it?

All input is much appreciated.

Tim

If I were you Tim, I would contact a dealer, see what they have to say. Whereabouts are you thinking of going in your car? I'm sure you know some of the other rules for driving in Europe too, like first aid kit, fire extinguisher, warning triangle, reflective jackets, spare bulb kit and so on. Personally, I would take my handbook too so if anything goes wrong, it should be a help. B)

If I were you Tim, I would contact a dealer, see what they have to say. Whereabouts are you thinking of going in your car? I'm sure you know some of the other rules for driving in Europe too, like first aid kit, fire extinguisher, warning triangle, reflective jackets, spare bulb kit and so on. Personally, I would take my handbook too so if anything goes wrong, it should be a help. B)

Cheers for the reply. I popped into the local dealer earlier and they weren't able to help too much. Toyota don't make anything official so it's likely that I'll use the stick on solution. I've been looking on a few sites since I posted this topic earlier and you can get them from Halfords for £7.99 and they will advise where exactly to stick them. Cheers also for the list of other stuff I will need.

We are planning to drive up to the Arctic Circle in Norway passing through a few countries on the way. It should be entertaining in the IQ!

What time of year you looking at going? Most european countries require winter tyres dependng on the time of year.

Fish

All being well we'll be going at the start of September, so summer tyres should be fine. That was something I hadn't thought of though.

Nice plan to do!!

Here some more advice: http://www.visitnorway.com/driving-in-norway

And here about the Arctic Circle : http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Where-to-go/North/The-Arctic-Circle-Area/What-to-do-in-the-Arctic-Circle-Area/Attractions-in-the-Arctic-Circle-Area/The-Arctic-Circle-Centre/

And the things that you have to have in the car... differs per country. But taking them all would be fine...

When the time has come... please send in some pictures of the event... Probably you can get some more enthusiastic iQ owners to go with yoy.. huh?

Peter

arctic-circle_map.jpg

Nice plan to do!!

Here some more advice: http://wikitravel.org/en/Norway

And here about the Arctic Circle : http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Where-to-go/North/The-Arctic-Circle-Area/What-to-do-in-the-Arctic-Circle-Area/Attractions-in-the-Arctic-Circle-Area/The-Arctic-Circle-Centre/

And the things that you have to have in the car... differs per country. But taking them all would be fine...

When the time has come... please send in some pictures of the event... Probably you can get some more enthusiastic iQ owners to go with yoy.. huh?

Peter

arctic-circle_map.jpg

When I come to Holland, I am not bringing a fire extinguisher

David

Ha David,

No problemo at all-o...

I have some spare extinguishers for you to barrow... :-)

Peter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links