Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tanabe Usa R & D On My Iq

surfcitylocal

]I dropped off my iQ at the Tanabe-USA headquarters last week for two days and they had some fun with it.

Here is a link to the website: Tanabe-USA

Some of the photos...

post-105504-0-10785300-1324364336_thumb.

post-105504-0-77479500-1324364336_thumb.

post-105504-0-03942900-1324364338_thumb.

post-105504-0-56832500-1324364338_thumb.

Not sure what the difference is between the first stock photo and the second other than the front grill lip or have I missed something.Very nice exhaust (muffler) not sure if you have 2 x silencers or is the last one just a coupler?

Here is some photo's of mine

post-109788-0-67658300-1324372756_thumb.

post-109788-0-04849800-1324372838_thumb.

post-109788-0-61366700-1324372868_thumb.

Looking good, I know that the CA modification rules/laws can be a bit stupid but that exhaust looks good.

Fish

Tarquin:

The second picture looks lower than the Stock. I think the NF210 are the lowering springs ;)

Yes, the difference is the springs. It's a mild drop. They will offer the DF210's which have a two inch drop soon.

The exhaust is just a fitting, I need to break in the motor before we actually install the system and do a dyno on it.

Looking good surf city. As a thought, you think the scion front bumper will fit on the toyota's?

Jordan

Nice so far... do they have speed bumps in California? That is a major concern for us -who want to lower their car- over here in the land of the crappy falling apart road network and anti-motorist laws our authorities seem to love inflicting on us. Still, I do like the exhaust system. I think you picked a good colour in white, will show the mods off well, assuming you are going to stick with that colour? :xmas:

Sooooo... noooo towbar possible..... :crybaby:

Peter

We do have speed bumps in California, we just do a lot of crab walking. The springs will be coming off in the near future and air runner suspension will be going on.

The interesting difference with the Scion and Toyota iQ's is that the Scion doesn't have a visible tail pipe. It's hidden by the rear apron which also prohibits the addition of a tow hitch. I can't honestly think of anything I would want to tow with my 1.3 liter engine.

I do not know if the UK version and the Japanese version of the iQ are the same dimensions but the Scion and the Japanese iQ's can't share bumpers. The Scion requires larger bumpers due to US crash safety requirements.

We do have speed bumps in California, we just do a lot of crab walking. The springs will be coming off in the near future and air runner suspension will be going on.

The interesting difference with the Scion and Toyota iQ's is that the Scion doesn't have a visible tail pipe. It's hidden by the rear apron which also prohibits the addition of a tow hitch. I can't honestly think of anything I would want to tow with my 1.3 liter engine.

I do not know if the UK version and the Japanese version of the iQ are the same dimensions but the Scion and the Japanese iQ's can't share bumpers. The Scion requires larger bumpers due to US crash safety requirements.

The UK version doesn't have a visible tail pipe either but Toyota sell a chrome extension which lines up with an optional rear skirt. Peter (sweet Dentist) has a tow bar fitted

David

The UK version doesn't have a visible tail pipe either but Toyota sell a chrome extension which lines up with an optional rear skirt. Peter (sweet Dentist) has a tow bar fitted

David

I have to admit I am a bit jealous of your Toyota iQ's. With many more options to choose from you can make it more personal from the start. As with all Scion vehicles there is one interior, one motor and the only choice we have is color. On the previous models, xB, tC, xA and xD you had a choice of transmission but on the iQ only the CVT is offered.

Ah right thanks, i checked and the UK model is actually a few cm shorter than the scion.

Jordan

David

Yep... as always ..... David is right again... :yes:

Here my "vacation" photo's... ha ha ha YEP only 3 (THREE) photo's... and NO photoshopping...

DSC03715.jpgDSC03717.jpgDSC03746.jpg

But I actually did not pull (of-course NOT... not allowed by law and lack of power) the caravan (Dutch are caravanners.. hi hi) That was doen by the Verso... grinn...

th_DSC03730.jpg

I have to admit I am a bit jealous of your Toyota iQ's. With many more options to choose from you can make it more personal from the start. As with all Scion vehicles there is one interior, one motor and the only choice we have is color. On the previous models, xB, tC, xA and xD you had a choice of transmission but on the iQ only the CVT is offered.

But knowing how the young out in the USA love to customize their rides, I doubt it will be long until the Scion iQ has more modifications than you can shake your wallet at. I love some of the xB's out there.

Fish

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links