Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Badges

tarquin

For Christmas I got the rear lower garnish as MR T likes to call it. So there i was outside looking to fit i. Only to discover the Toyota and iQ badges on mine are very close to the lip edge..Take a look at the pic. Now if i removed them, presumably, held on with the usual double sided arrangement.they probably won't re-fit ok and would end up buying new ones..Now I know some people on here would say, "don't put them back on " Well i like the iQ Badge and don't mind the Toyota one either. So my plan is to take it in to MR T and point it out to them and point it out I can't fit the accessory and get them to move them as per everyone else's . Of course it makes me wonder now if there has been any rear damage to the vehicle and mine have been put on randomly by an independent garage. Will report outcome.

David

post-109788-0-52898500-1324816314_thumb.

For Christmas I got the rear lower garnish as MR T likes to call it. So there i was outside looking to fit i. Only to discover the Toyota and iQ badges on mine are very close to the lip edge..Take a look at the pic. Now if i removed them, presumably, held on with the usual double sided arrangement.they probably won't re-fit ok and would end up buying new ones..Now I know some people on here would say, "don't put them back on " Well i like the iQ badge and don't mind the Toyota one either. So my plan is to take it in to MR T and point it out to them and point it out I can't fit the accessory and get them to move them as per everyone else's . Of course it makes me wonder now if there has been any rear damage to the vehicle and mine have been put on randomly by an independent garage. Will report outcome.

David

There were some cars that had to have the rear hatch door replaced or at least resprayed due to rust appearing under the handle/catch thingy. I am not so sure if it was done in the UK but certainly it was in Germany.

I think it was the bits inside that were rusting due to water finding it's way under the handle gasket, and the staining ran down the exterior paint, so I don't see how a re-spray was required unless the staining couldn't be removed without ruining the pearlescent effect, but anyway it could be a reason for the badges being misplaced, but I doubt it.

Just a thought.

John

Your best bet would be heat them up (hair dryer/heat gun) to make the pads sticky and helps with the glue coming off with the pads. Use a bit of heavy duty cotton or fishing line and gently peel them off.

The only issue will be that they will leave ghost images, which with some tender loving polish followed some some good sealant/polish then stick them back on.

I'm still tempted to remove them myself. If you want I'll bring mine over so that you can get some measurements from mine as it has this trim fitted. :thumbsup:

Fish

ÒRRRR...you can change them to Lexus... ha ha

But seriously.... In the normal form they are lined up in a horizontal manner...

On your car they seem to be put on alongside the edge....

AND...

They, ... they come off VERY easy.... but the foam-glue-part gets torn in peaces... so you will need to clean it and put new sticky-foam under them...

The word "Toyota and iQ" are just glue-foamed on the metal... no problem there...

Only the Toyota LOGO.. has 2 little holes to adjust-lign-up" in the metal...

Here my original back... (how do I put this?)....

DSC07370-1-1.jpg

And the Lexus one...

DSC03757-1.jpg

ÒRRRR...you can change them to Lexus... ha ha

But seriously.... In the normal form they are lined up in a horizontal manner...

On your car they seem to be put on alongside the edge....

AND...

They, ... they come off VERY easy.... but the foam-glue-part gets torn in peaces... so you will need to clean it and put new sticky-foam under them...

The word "Toyota and iQ" are just glue-foamed on the metal... no problem there...

Only the Toyota LOGO.. has 2 little holes to adjust-lign-up" in the metal...

Here my original back... (how do I put this?)....

DSC07370-1-1.jpg

And the Lexus one...

DSC03757-1.jpg

I see that you have replaced the rear Toyota Badge with a Lexus one, but what have you done with the front bonnet Badge?

Tataaa .....

Pay attention to the damages at the edge of the logo... when I tried to make it loose... the paint is VERY easily damaged!!!

AND .. yes .. it is in GOLD... the chrome one I had given away... silly enough...But looks nice with the carbon...AND people do not see front and back at the same time... (I hope... :unsure: )

A front logo from LEXUS was not available in the bigger size... and at the Lexus Dealer it turned out that a Lexus Logo on a Lexus car,, can cost up to € 300,- (YES really)...

DSC00176.jpgDSC00183.jpgDSC00184.jpgDSC00211.jpg

Peter

Tataaa .....

Pay attention to the damages at the edge of the logo... when I tried to make it loose... the paint is VERY easily damaged!!!

AND .. yes .. it is in GOLD... the chrome one I had given away... silly enough...But looks nice with the carbon...AND people do not see front and back at the same time... (I hope... :unsure: )

A front logo from LEXUS was not available in the bigger size... and at the Lexus Dealer it turned out that a Lexus Logo on a Lexus car,, can cost up to € 300,- (YES really)...

DSC00176.jpgDSC00183.jpgDSC00184.jpgDSC00211.jpg

Peter

It was a good recovery from the damage and the removal. I think it looks good on your car, it being Red and black great work Peter.

David

I agree, an excellent job, unfortunately I do not have the skill and as my car is still very rare (not seen another one) it attracts a lot of attention even as a Toyota :D

Thanks again.... ;)

I put on the Lexus badges, because I think this car should have been put in the Lexus catalog. When I asked Lexus about this, they replied that they have enough environmental-friendly-cars... so they do not need to compensate. You know this about the Cygnet and Aston Martin.

These foils (in this case... carbon look) are very easy to put on the car.

Just clean the paint / heat up the foil a little (hairdryer is sufficient) and you can stretch it easily. Furthermore ... it is reversible... :yes:

Latest out come today is MR T is going to order 2 new badges for Friday and replace mine to a new location and fit the Lower Garnish for free and do the break recall re-check

David

Good work David!!! MrT can be kind after all... :thumbsup:

Peter

Good work David!!! MrT can be kind after all... :thumbsup:

Peter

Not really. Remember I have had like most , 2 recalls of which were in my own time and (no courtesy car) MR T's fault. A letter asking me to return again in my own time so they can check their own engineers work because they don't trust them, And I have had to return again because some one at MR T's put my badges in the wrong place. So after that all I am getting compensated for is for them to stick a bit of chrome on = 9hrs of my life

David

David..

What I tried and meant to say was: Someone can take everything away from you... but then (when you are very hungry) give you a dry piece of crusted bread... And then we are sooo happy with the "pure" kindness of the giver.

Sorry to put it so hard.. But we all know how MrT does it's work... Actually a lot of "bosses" act this way, in our working environment.... sad...

So... MrT can be Kind after all.... :g:

Peter

You see Peter, This is why I don't trust Toyota to do ANYTHING!!! Took the car in today for the Brakes re-check you remember because they don't trust their mechanics to do a job right first time every time.You may also remember they ordered in the Toyota and IQ badges as I was unable to fit my christmas present of the lower garnish trim,because they had already fitted mine too low. Well to day they fitted the badges and about 2 inches higher than where they are supposed to be , then fitted the garnish over a 1/4 inch higher than the lip of the hatch not following the contour of it. They are so grossly incompetent God knows what the steering and brake recall work quality is like if they can't even fit 2 badges and trim in the right place. Must of been a tall person who couldn't bend down. There are 3 iQ's on the forecourt with badges and garnish. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to go and have a look if your not sure where they go and take a ruler.Part of the lower garnishes job is to protect the lip which it doesn't .If you want anything done DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!

David

Some dealers do have some talented people working for them. :!Removed!:

Fish

Fish

This dealer has Stevie wonder working for them and for some reason he always gets allocated to my car

David

Fish

This dealer has Stevie wonder working for them and for some reason he always gets allocated to my car

David

So I took it back and pointed out their error. The service manager (who is a nice guy) Said, and as i have said before, they try to cover their bottom and cover for their useless staff. " The trouble is we don't have a template on where the logo's go " I then said as I thrust a copy of the Toyota installation instructions for the Lower Garnish,from their web site in his hand. "Didn't think of getting one of these then?" and walking out to the parking area and looking at one as we are doing now?. He just stood there with a blank expression. They are re-ordering for next thursday. Don't hold a lot of hope. Hopefully Stevie Wonder is off that day.

David

YEP... David... very right you are.. Terrible work of those...

Here I got my badges (Lexus) (via www.veilingkijker.nl) by somebody in a place called "Almere" center of Holland... Very nice guy... They cost about € 25 a piece / and 2 for about € 40...

He sells all these badges / any car is possible / original and secondhand..

Bytheway I used a piece of (1/4) ducktape on the car, to get it right... left and right... yes .. it is NOT rocket sience... duh...

Maybe this would be an idea... to really do it yourself... terrible if these "experts" do not know it themselves... (it's been chrismas) so I can name it ... DJÉÉZUSSS...

Can be sooooo frustrating.... man I can imagine this....

Peter

PS You can mail him, here:

Simon Embleem [simonlogos@yahoo.com]

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links