Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disappearing Posts?!

manalishi

Trying to understand what's going on. Have posted a thread recently that has disappeared. It mentioned another forum (Corolla specific), a forum whose name was automatically replaced the name with "TOC!" by this forum's software.

I just reread the forum Ts and Cs and can see no rule that this infringes, so it can't be over-active moderation.

Any ideas?

Looks like it got binned when you circumvented the swear filter to name the other site.

Think there's a section in the T&C's somewhere about "soliciting members" which is why other sites get added to the swear filter.

I know it seems petty but it's to protect TOC, can't have all the members vanishing to other clubs!

As for the club in question they are on Facebook thumbsup.gif

Thanks for explaining the site's policy.

It might be A Good Idea to explictly mention this in the Ts and Cs (i.e. before people join up).

Clearly this is not the place for me.

I know nothing about managing a forum but if people are happy, then they have no reason to leave. I suspect a lot of these model specific clubs have flourished because people weren't happy on here

That's not a dig by the way, just my opinion :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links