Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev+Boost Problems

harveyjoej

Hi can you help please, I have a Starlet Glanza V 96 an have a big problem with it as it doesn't want to rev past 3k rpm when the turbo is on full boost the turbo has an after market booster running around .6-.8 boost as it's a dual boost I pulled into traffic earlier on to today an found the car less then then responsive tried to accelerate to match the car behinds speed the car started to ***** alot and was really holding back it. I carried on with my journey an found that for a short time the management light was acctive. On the way back I noticed that on the second light on the turbo clock the car seemed fine, then as soon as I hit the thierd light the car jerked around again and again wouldn't rev. The car on a standing rev seemed fine but as the car drove it started again and I tried to see how high it would rev and would not go past 5k. An so nowhere near the top end of the engine at just over 7k redline.

In another place at another time it might be funny but not when you have to do a long journey the day after from Birmingham to Bristol. :ffs: Any help would be greatful.

Can you not just keep it on low boost until its sorted?

Sounds like some of overboost causing you to hit the fuel cut, the turbochargers wastegate could be sticking shut

even on .6/7 its still holding back but hardly noticeabul. I'll have to keep it low an hope I can see my machanic tomorrow as I'm going down to Bristol tomorrow an really not sure when I'll be back up. :yahoo:

Well hopefully the machanic has just gone a bit OTT on the booster. As he did say that he had tunned it to run as much power as he daired. Nonetheless why would it do it only now when I took the car back several days ago their again I haven't pushed it since I had it back maybe it has just realised that the boost was just to much an is affraid to boost fully now. :lol:

I think low boost = 112bhp and high boost = 133bhp, 0.4 low and 0.65 on high

fuel cut is around 0.85 bar

Well that is possibly true but we arn't talking about a normal car it's running around 150-160whp it was dynod at around 148/9 before it retunned/serviced. What the problem turned out to be was that the machanic tried to save me money by cleaning the sparklers instead of replacing them as the car uses irodium plugs, an a set of them was £60 alone.

Now I got the car back an boy that thing can go and the same machanic has sold me a Rav 4 not my usal kind of drive but it beats driving the Starlet everyday an spoiling her. Not the best one on the market but it's machanicly sound :bag: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links