Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Engine Light On

Rash@R.A.Motors

Hi,

A friend has an Avensis 2.0 GLS D-4 VVTi 2000-X and his engine management light is on - we went Toyota but their diagnostics machine is knackered... so we were wondering is their another way of finding out what's wrong with it....

(had a celica doing the same problem and i just bridged a wire in the diagnosis box = can't seem to find one on the avensis)

Rash

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have an X reg avensis. I spoke to a toyota mechanic about the same subject last week. He was telling me on the old Carinas you used to be able to bridge some wires (much the same as you were saying) and the number of flashes indicated the type of problem. He said you can't do this on mine (same reg as your friends) - you need the diagnostic machine.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hope you get it sorted or find another workaround.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links